Author Topic: Help with decision on build and main sword  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Help with decision on build and main sword
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:14 pm »
Practice on the duel server.  Basically what some good offensive players do is go for aggressive inside swings, and use their footwork to set themselves up better for it.  They will try to push themselves to one of your sides, then do the swing that will connect the fastest, and if you don't react in time to their swing or footwork, you will be spammed to death.

You can counter this just by doing the correct swing and having good positioning.  The basic idea is if they are on your right side, swing right to left.  You can hit faster by simply strafing to your left as you do this.  More advanced is turning your entire body, so they aren't so much directly in front of you anymore but you approach them at an off angle and swing while pivoting your body to create some silly animation abuse and instant hits.

When you are playing defense you basically want to do the opposite of this to create as much distance between you and their swing animation as possible while also setting up the most effective counter attack that you need to get ready as soon as you are done blocking.  Also keep in mind some heavier weapons, like the Sword of War, will give you weapon stun if they do a held overhead attack, which paralyses you after a block for an extra half second and often means you need to block twice.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 06:52:12 pm »
What you should search for:
-Speed bonus
-Footwork
-Timing
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19:23 am »
Don't forget the normal bastard sword great for siege as its short and quick.

Also if you use the heavy kuyak it makes it hard to see the hilt of the sword giving you an advantage if you can feint well

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:23:17 am »
I'm using this build:

my build the past 2 gens, my favorite battle server build:
Strength: 21
Agility: 18
Hit points: 70
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 7
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 0
Athletics: 6
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 3
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 133

IF stacked to max, good armor and you'll survive many hits (even in lower armor)