Author Topic: Is this a good hybrid build  (Read 1009 times)

Offline yurah

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wafua,yurahze, Yurah, Pseudo_Doll
Is this a good hybrid build
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:50:37 pm »
   I want to do a melee, lancer, throwing hybrid build  but i wasn't too sure

just want to ask your opinions on this build

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 61

Converted: 2
    Ironflesh: 4
    Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 3
    Athletics: 2
    Riding: 4
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 4
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 100
    Two Handed: 103
    Polearm: 101
    Archery: 1
    Crossbow: 1
    Throwing: 3

Offline Maze

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants of Stratia
  • Game nicks: Maze_RS
Re: Is this a good hybrid build
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:17:22 pm »
It'll be a good build if you get tired of certain playstyles quickly. I'd prolly end up scavenging weapons a lot cuz you can pick up any weapon and be effective with it.

My suggestion may be to max your PT tho. Some of the more heavy str builds will laugh as you fruitlessly throw into them. Jarids at 6 PT are pretty sick. Rocks and throwing daggers are a lot of fun at that PT. Maybe take a point out of IF, shield and/or Ath?

But its only a suggestion.

Offline corto

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:31 pm »
3 throwing makes everything slower than throwingknives a really really easy dodgably bananabolt

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 02:07:46 am »
A bit too many skill mixed up for my taste...

I would choose between shields and Iron Flesh. No need for both imo...
2 Athletics will make you an easy target off horse. Its VERY slow. Even with light armor.
It will be more then enough with just 2 different weapons, 2h and Polearms "don't mix like two dicks and no bitch" ( Biggie Smalls quote :) ) Besides, your gear upkeep will be very high with so many weapons.

On the other hand - give it a try, might be fun as you planned it :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline yurah

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wafua,yurahze, Yurah, Pseudo_Doll
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:01 am »
A bit too many skill mixed up for my taste...

I would choose between shields and Iron Flesh. No need for both imo...
2 Athletics will make you an easy target off horse. Its VERY slow. Even with light armor.
It will be more then enough with just 2 different weapons, 2h and Polearms "don't mix like two dicks and no bitch" ( Biggie Smalls quote :) ) Besides, your gear upkeep will be very high with so many weapons.

On the other hand - give it a try, might be fun as you planned it :)

Concerning athletics i usually get knocked of my horse and killed fairly quickly near the end of the round, but i also play a lot of seige which needs athletics with all the running.  I might change it from IF-0, Shield-4, Riding-5, Throwing-6.

As for upkeep I actually don't get many repair bills even though i get my horse killed 5/10 times, nor do my weapons break

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:38:41 am »
As a very annoying thrower (:)), I can't tell you all the secrets (else other good throwers will be mad everybody knows "it" , and also too many will start throwing or will get better at throwing with that trick) but if you plan to throw , get 5 or higher. Under that it's just useless. Your pierce won't do much damage, your throws will be slow, inaccurate and will only be feared by the peasants.

If you really wanna throw , with 0 wpf, you'll be overspeed by anything (archer , xbow , other throwers) and if you miss someone coming at you , you only have 1 chance and if you hit, chances you won't even have the time to throw another one.

Like Armpit said, get IF or Shield , not both. Use IF if you wanna go 5+ or if you have 1 or 2 points unused when you reach lvl 30.

Ath. 2 is way too low, specially if you can reach 6 by sacrificing your IF. It will help you to run faster , get someone faster and help with avoiding arrows/bolts/thrown stuff at you.

Get 130 wpf in 2h and drop the shield , or get 130-140 wpf in one hand. Not 100 both. You better be fast in something than normal speed on 2. You'll get overspeed all the time and you'll end up just blocking without being able to attack much, and you'll be pretty slow, so easy to block/chamber.

Riding 4 .... Why ? You wanna be a cav or a horse thrower ? It seems to me that this overall build has flaws everywhere and not so many strong points (Hey, I'm here to help you, remember ?). If you go horse thrower, 4 is fine but you'll need better throwing skills. If you wanna be more like a cav, try to make it 5-6 to get much faster on a horse and surprise enemies than having them hearing you forever :P

If you'd sacrificed horse, and some IF you can go get yourself 8 converted and go get an extra PS / PT overall or more WPF with weapon master.

It's hard to tell you to try it and if it doesn't work, to retire it, because the only time you'll see if it's good is when you get really high level because of the overall way you built it.

Hope it helps