Author Topic: Team balance  (Read 727 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Team balance
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:34:36 am »
+3
Hiii,

I got a little problem with the way the teams are balanced atm.

The first round there is no balancing, so that round you cant play with your clan mates.
Then bannerbalance kicks in. Which is nice.
Starting from the 3rd round there will be more balancing. So starting from round 3 you usually cant play with all your clan mates anymore because they get balanced to the other team...

Players form clans so they can play together. Clans buy clan banners for a lot of gold so they can stay in the same team. In the end this only results in 1 round of playing together.

Wouldnt it be better if all players playing under a clan banner are seen as 1, and when needed for balancing all with that banner move to the other team? Those with default banners can still be switched individually, giving an extra benefit to buying a clan banner.

Come with feedback and alternatives please ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: Team balance
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:01:36 pm »
seems legit
good idea and it shouldnt be that hard to make

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:29:39 pm »
This wouldn't balance teams, it would just tip the scales from one side to the other.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »
+1
Ofc this can still balance teams! Its not like there is 1 clan in crpg  :rolleyes:

One clan with awesome scores in the winning team might be switched, also taking their lesser members with them. A lower scoring clan will be switched with them for example. Its not like 1 clan makes the difference between a win and a loss, since we have dozens of clans. Having clans stick together will improve teamwork in battles. (players will follow a clan faster then a group of random players).

The balancing would be the same as it is at this moment but clans will stay together.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »
I agree. Banner balance should be 1st priority, I have to fight my clanmates a bit too often than I'd like to. I'd rather cooperate with them on the battlefield (cuz I suck and they dont).

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:52:35 pm »
why not just wait for the next map ?
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »
Because this happens in every map?

Im not talking about players spawning in after the teambalance occured. Please read before you awnser.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 04:58:53 pm »
Ofc this can still balance teams! Its not like there is 1 clan in crpg  :rolleyes:

One clan with awesome scores in the winning team might be switched, also taking their lesser members with them. A lower scoring clan will be switched with them for example. Its not like 1 clan makes the difference between a win and a loss, since we have dozens of clans. Having clans stick together will improve teamwork in battles. (players will follow a clan faster then a group of random players).

The balancing would be the same as it is at this moment but clans will stay together.

I love playing with clanmates.

But what about when the servers are low on players? A lot of people already GTX because one clan dominates the battle fight after fight, leading to more dead-quiet servers, and people just quitting whenever server population drops below 20, rather than getting constant 1x just for not being in a clan.

Same with the balancer issues. Teams not fair event which denies multi increase should get removed when the player count drops below some threshold.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 05:56:45 pm »
If you want your little clan to have its own little unique banner, you are going to be split apart when the other banners are made up of a much larger clan + individuals who choose the large clans banners. You got split up because you were the smallest. Get your clan bigger, or choose a bigger clans banner, Or live with it.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 08:54:28 pm »
If you want your little clan to have its own little unique banner, you are going to be split apart when the other banners are made up of a much larger clan + individuals who choose the large clans banners. You got split up because you were the smallest. Get your clan bigger, or choose a bigger clans banner, Or live with it.  :idea:

If you have 10+ members you still get split up...

I usually see some one of best clans being split up, so i dont really get your point...

So im not talking about me and my little clan to own a little banner... For example im part of the mercs (one of the bigger/ older clans on eu) and we always get split up... I see the same happen with byzantium, GK, the nords and many more clans... So i dont see what you are talking about...