Author Topic: Unban Narcia (EU 1)  (Read 728 times)

Offline Tajin

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: Tajin, Vidal, Narcia
Unban Narcia (EU 1)
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:00:15 am »
Hi there, I just got banned from someone named "Phantom Mira" (without any warning btw) for shooting an arrow at a guy (Death2u) who repeatedly attacked teammates and was making a run for it.

It's a bit weird that even after 2 kickvotes against him (not started by me) he still kept doing that shit (noone except ofcourse for his victims seemed to care about it) and I on the other hand get permabanned right away just because I got fed up with his TAs.

Ah anyway, could someone please undo this? It's not really fair.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: Unban Narcia (EU 1)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:33:08 am »
I was on the server at the time. I disabled polls after the second one and spectated death2u for awhile, didn't see him doing anything wrong. Yes, he's a noob, he had a score of something like -2/4 but he said sorry for the first one and said the other one was because the guy stepped in front of him, which does happen.

Also, an important part in getting unbanned is showing you know why you were banned and apologising for it.

Offline Tajin

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 05:56:11 am »
but he said sorry for the first one and said the other one was because the guy stepped in front of him, which does happen.

I'm not sure if saying sorry counts for much if he does the same thing to the same player again right after that. (i happend to observe that at the spawn and it was the very reason why i fired at him)

I know avenging TAs with TAs is almost as stupid as the TAing itself. But it was too much for me seeing him get away with all that.

I hope you do understand that im a bit baffled about the situation. What I experienced was simply that an intentional TAer/TKer got away with whatever he did whereas I got banned right on the spot just for giving him something to remember (namely an arrow). Without doing anything wrong beforehand.

So while I do apologize for my irrational behaviour of attacking a teammate, I would really apreciate a bit more fairness in handling those things. The whole issue could've easily been resolved ingame, had I only been asked for the reason of that TA.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:57:33 am by Tajin »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:59:25 am »
Admins are not omniscient (yet). They can only act based on what they see. That's why it is important to stay away from revenge teamhitting/tking and report stuff in chat/forum instead. It's a bit similar to the real life, where one (upon many others) reason why vigilantism is strictly forbidden is because the police often can't see who the initial bad guy actually is. They just see a guy who is shooting wildly and might have to put him down to protect the rest.

Offline Tajin

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »
Aye Paul, I understand that. Anyway, like I said: my action was completely irrational and for that I am sorry.  :|

Offline Tajin

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »
The ban still seems to be in place, any news on when it's going to be lifted?  :|

Offline Mylet

• The ugly
  • Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 5
  • Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Mylet
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 10:50:59 pm »
Now. Go have fun.
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌