Author Topic: Get more people into strategus (battles and overview suggestions)  (Read 836 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
I'm not sure about the overview part, but I'm thinking to get more incentive for people to sign up for AI defense (especially early on in strategus versions) have the AI pay people who sign up for their defense.  Also make it so you can transfer money from strategus to your main at a rate of like 1 strat gold to 10 c-rpg gold.

Also this would give people more reason to be mercenaries, factions could have payroll for members, etc.

Seems like common sense to me, and just those two changes would bring a lot more activity to strategus.

Also, AI defenses shouldn't have twice as many people as the attackers.  It should go back to single player Warband battle's for the ratios.  Whoever has more troops spawns with more people in game.  If they are relatively close, then it should be an almost even battle. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Re: Get more people into strategus (battles and overview suggestions)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:19:20 pm »
Strategus need to be whiped out. I just got kiced from rooster and i need 1 milion exp for lvl 31. So there is like 50 ppl who are lvl 31 or 32 in rooster.
And how low lvls can even play strat battles when ppl who are lvl 30 gets kicked from rooster.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
+1
And I thought we wanted a gold sink in crpg, why would we allow a Strategus gold exchange to crpg gold then?  1:1,000 maybe.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:36:57 pm »
You can't see that being a great incentive for people to participate in strat?  It would allow individuals to feel like they are contributing to their well being rather than as it is now.  If you're not part of something larger, there's literally no point in playing strategus (the overview part).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:40 pm »
I don't care about single persons to join Strategus. If there is a way to give them a better chance or a reason to do so, I'm all up for such a suggestions. However I do not think that a gold exchange is any good, especially not 1:10.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »
I just found out that ne mechanic counts your preformance and reability and then decide if it is gonna put you in rooster or not. Nice one.
Strategus is pointless and shit anyway. You craft and work hard to be robbed by every prick that have more army then you,and you can't get anything,because clans that have land and stuff are too powerful to attack.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 04:55:44 pm »
+1
There are enough factions that have millions of gold in strategus... Allowing transfer would mean that player in that faction get a lot of money... Bad for economics :) Strategus would become a farm for crpg instead of what it is now.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »
Well as it stands now, besides joining strat battles, there's literally no reason for someone who isn't part of a large alliance or faction to bother playing in the strategus overview.

You'd have to wait to implement the gold transfer from strat to c-rpg until the next version of strat.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 05:36:29 pm »
Well as it stands now, besides joining strat battles, there's literally no reason for someone who isn't part of a large alliance or faction to bother playing in the strategus overview.

You'd have to wait to implement the gold transfer from strat to c-rpg until the next version of strat.

Then factions will once again gains millions of gold that goes to crpg. Clans will all put it in their clan bank, buying masses of looms and lending them to members. Like that clan wont only controle strategus but will also have an advantage in crpg :P So i still think goldtransfer is a bad idea xD

And factions are suppost to be controlling the strategus map. With like... i guess less then 100 fiefs and thousands of players its only normal that you have to group up to get possesion in fiefs. If every loner would have power on the map there would be more battles then we can manage and the whole strategic part of it will be ruined :P

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »
That's money they wouldn't be able to use in strategus then, so that would leave them more vulnerable. 

I suppose you'd have to tweak the ratio, but I think that one little change would see an influx in people playing the strategus overview.

I'm not suggesting 1 or 2 people should be able to control large swaths of territory and land in strategus. I'm saying that if you're not part of something larger, there is literally no point in bothering with the overview part of strat.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »

Maybe then and only for about 2 weeks. But for longer it wouldn't make sense as too much gold would be coming to crpg then which means bad things for the market. At the same it would be unfair for people not playing strat. Some gold isn't an argument for lots of the people. There has to be a reason which really makes people want to play it. Not sure about that.

In the first weeks putting money aside and exchanging it for crpg gold would also hurt the clan and crafters. But later on that is not a problem for those "domniating" the map if they are able to run on safe trade routes.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »
I would enjoy strategus if it somehow affected my crpg character (aside from owning fiefs which is not going to happen when you are 1 player). So what is the point if you aren't in a clan? Craft and sell looms for strategus gold? Raise troops to sell? What am I going to do with the gold I can only use in strategus? Raise an army then have just me fight with it 1 ticket at a time? The main thing I can think to do in it is troll attackers by reinforcing neutral fiefs with troops but I'm not that desperate for entertainment.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »
You can support factions. Lots of factions have loners fighting with them/ supporting eachother. Great way to get a spot in the roster for bigger faction battles ^^

Strategus is just a few clicks an a long wait if you just trade, so that affecting crpg with no upkeep or any other costs (like crpg does have upkeep) would be rather silly :P

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 10:24:03 pm »

massive exp in big siege battles?  ANywhere from 1/4-1/2 or MORE than a million for a huge battle.  Equivalent of x5 for an hour

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »
Yeah there's incentive for playing in strategus battles, that's different than getting people into the overview part of strat
 - Stolen from Macropussy