Author Topic: Ban Request: TurmoilTom_KUTT  (Read 490 times)

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
Ban Request: TurmoilTom_KUTT
« on: July 05, 2012, 07:53:08 am »
Earlier, I was on NA_2.  I went around to a backdoor on the map and was chop-chop-chopping it down with some other people.  My friend Genric_Jr thinks it will be funny to kick me as I'm chopping the door down, and it knocks me into two TW's from Turmoil_Tom as he's chopping the door.  I was a little annoyed because there was plenty of time between Tom's two swings to stop the second one, but he clearly doesn't care about tw'ing, so I give him a kick to let him know I do not approve of his stance on such matters.

He turns around, away from the door, and TK's me...

I have a transcript of the conversation that took place in chat:

TurmoilTom_KUTT[\TT]:  you were in the way
Tomkay[Me]: uh no
TT: uh yes
Me: you turned around and killed me
Me: for the first two i got kicked into it
Me: then you turned around and killed me when i kicked you
TT: yeah
TT: you kicked me
Me: a (speechless)
Me: lol
Me: kicking is allowed tk'ing is not
Me: please don't break the rules tom
TT: i'm just trying to win, if you get in the way of that i dispose of you
Me: :) Rules of the server are more important than winning tom
Me: kicking same team is allowed for conveying messages such as, "hey, don't tw me twice jerk"
TT: and making it harder for your team to win is against the rules too
TT: you're not completely innocent either
Me: lol kicking is allowed unless you're griefing, which i hardly consider 1 kick to be
TT: well we have different standards
Me: lol

Images of chat log (5 pictures)

Some people in chat started complaining saying I should just ss and send it to the forums, but I said if he apologized I wouldn't.  He didn't, so here we are.  So tell me, is a single team kick griefing?  I'd never interacted with TurmoilTom before this.  People told me KUTT's friends with all the admins on NA, is this true?  I always thought CRPG seemed to have generally fair rulings on such matters.

The interaction took place around 12:45, July 4th, Central Time Zone.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Request: TurmoilTom_KUTT
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:00:55 am »
NA 2 does not have any admins on ever [I think Canary was on once last weekish, Granpappy used to visit every couple of days].

As for TT's actions, he is generally well behaved in NA2. Most people don't look behind them while hitting doors, and therefore he probably couldn't see you and actually doing damage from behind is rare. As for the tking, NA2 has a lot more griefers that do nothing but get in the way [ie: standing on a ladder for a while] and nobody bats their brows if they're tked. Randomly kicking somebody at the door would make me think you're a griefer type person.

Of course, I don't speak for TT's actions, but that's what the logs look like happened.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: Ban Request: TurmoilTom_KUTT
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:13:01 am »
5h ban for both of you

Revenge twing (even if it a kick) doesn't help anyone
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars