Author Topic: Horse Trowing  (Read 1339 times)

Offline monsterbrum

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Zoink?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar.
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brum, Biggus_Dickus, and many more!
  • IRC nick: Monsterbrum
Horse Trowing
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »
So i want an good horse trowing Build?

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
Re: Horse Trowing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »
Well that's really up to you, do you?

All trolling asside I would go 27/12 getting just enough riding for a courser/hunter and still be able to 1 hit with lances.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »
Well, do you want a dual spec foots skirmisher/javalry build? Or do you just want to sit a horse all the time?

Here's my build (long time horse thrower)
(click to show/hide)

Now, on this one, I have a shield, but it's not necessary. I use it for style, and it's saved my butt from a lancer I didn't see sneaking up, since you can't down block with throwing weapons in throwing mode. If you don't want to use a shield, you can convert the 3 shield into another point of Str, and go PT 6. Have fun man, if you're in NA, look me up, I'm more than willing to help you practice.

Offline weight

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Fatty
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:10:22 pm »
Level 30
Strength: 21
Agility: 18
Hit points: 56
Converted: 8

Power Strike: 3
Riding: 6
Horse Archery: 3
Power Throw: 7
Weapon Master: 4

One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 139

6 riding will help you not to compete with other horsemen, while power throw 7 is enough for every throwing weapon, you can switch around. I'm not sure how much HA skill helps throwing but probably the same amount as with a bow/xbow. The problem with Keltesh's build is that with only 4 riding, you wont be able to catch/outrun/outmaneuver any oposing horseman.

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 11:03:50 pm »
The build I was suggesting would be more for an anti-infantry role not anti-cav.  More like a mobile cannon, you do still have anti-cav function in that most cav will stay away from you considering you can 1 hit their horse, but you definatly wouldn't be able to chase cav down.

Still, I like my build because it lets you trot over to someone like Goretooth and spam him to death with Javs or Lances while staying out of range.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:00:43 am »
So i want an good horse trowing Build?
Wait, you want to throw your horse? why? They are quite heavy you know.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:00 am »
There is one major flaw in throwing while mounted - upkeep.

I have played around with throwing up to lvl 26 last week, and it was a struggle to keep my gear and my horse... In the end, i had to settle for a Rouncy, 3 stacks of javelins, a Light Lance and a dirty gambeson with some wrappings on my legs :( Every random arrow would knock me down dead, and 3 Horse Archery combined with ~150 WPP in throwing, was just enough to strike from the same distance as lance, while maintaining a high probability of hitting :( I had some great kills, but all-in-all i felt weak. I guess, one have to be very dedicated, and use long time to master the way to be efficient with this set-up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline monsterbrum

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Zoink?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar.
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brum, Biggus_Dickus, and many more!
  • IRC nick: Monsterbrum
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »
Well, do you want a dual spec foots skirmisher/javalry build? Or do you just want to sit a horse all the time?

Here's my build (long time horse thrower)
(click to show/hide)

Now, on this one, I have a shield, but it's not necessary. I use it for style, and it's saved my butt from a lancer I didn't see sneaking up, since you can't down block with throwing weapons in throwing mode. If you don't want to use a shield, you can convert the 3 shield into another point of Str, and go PT 6. Have fun man, if you're in NA, look me up, I'm more than willing to help you practice.
Thanks, thats an good one i think i like it with the good riding, did you used an melee wep?
i just wanna feel how its like i'm now Pole/Trower with 26 str and 9 agil wich works pretty good for me exept for dueling, i think i'm gonna heirloom my heavy Trowing axes

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »
Don't heirloom throwing. Wait for a throwing nerf, then you will know what is the best throwing weapon to heirloom - or maybe there will be no more reason to play throwing after nerf...? Who knows?

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 06:46:20 pm »
My load out right now for this character : Studded Leather Coat, Steppe Cap, Light Lance, Cavalry Shield, Javelins x 2, Desert Horse. It's a pretty balanced build, and I can fight on foot pretty well if I get dehorsed. If I'm on an infantry map, I'll switch to Lamellar vest, metal helmet, battlefork, shield, and javs. I've made a lot of money with this gear, so it seems to be pretty manageable, cost wise.