Author Topic: 2hander spam  (Read 4012 times)

Offline DoggsofWar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2hander spam
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 03:42:37 am »
Shouldn't a 2H/Ploearm have some sort of delay after swinging?? I mean these are long, heavy weapons.

As a shielder I have a delay before I can attack after blocking which is fine but how can a 2H/polearm just keep swinging away even after a miss which SHOULD put them off balance and the momentum of the swing should delay another.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 07:03:10 am »
Any of the big heavy 2h/polearm weapons already suffer slow speeds and feats like "unbalanced " and that's all that's needed.

Fact is, using two hands and arms to wield a weapon is going to give you far more muscle behind the wielding of a weapon than using just one hand and arm, that combined with the fact that the common polearms and 2h weapons aren't as heavy as you'd imagine, means that it makes perfect sense for these weapons to not be retardedly slow.

Especially considering you have no shield and have to manually block with these weapons too, which puts you at a disadvantage vs any kind of ranged weapon and also when you are outnumbered by players who know what they're doing. I've played all builds and just went back to 1h + shield ( Getting ready for Strategus, if it comes back lol ) after playing 2h and polearms for the past 6 months or more and right now it feels like the most balanced it's ever been where mechanics are concerned.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:05:36 am by Leesin »

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 11:43:17 am »
Spammers are good for your k/d ratio^^.
Anyway u need to know how to move your feet to spam and also to avoid it.
When a spammer kills me? when i'm too lazy to move properly and block twice or more and then hit him. If u concentrate a little bit they have no chance and i use a mallet(and vs a katana u really feel the difference^^ ) for fun most of the time, so u can trust me.