Author Topic: Swiss Army Knight Build  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Swiss Army Knight Build
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 01:10:34 pm »
(click to show/hide)

well mate,  6 riding is more than enough,  as is 4 shield.  i would use those points to get up to 15str and 5 powerstrike.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 04:06:47 pm »
First of all, your Build is total shit.

Get 15str and 5 ps, sacrifice 1 riding and 3 Shield for that.

And then the build will be ok.

But dont expect to do any good in armor over 13kg.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 04:27:37 am »
Obviously I intend to mix and match it up depending on terrain and multi. Longsword and Lance are pretty much my at-hand horseback weapon depending on if I want to slash or stab. On non-cav maps I can ditch the horse for a heavy kite or tower shield, etc. I already have a crossbow and shoot well enough at 0 wpf to not care to sink 100 points into it I could as easily spend on getting good with the longsword.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 05:56:30 pm »
+2
I used the following build 2 generations ago. Incredibly fun and frighteningly effective! Having the ability to change weapons, switching them, picking up other weapons or shields from the ground, stealing a horse, basically using EVERYTHING is VERY few and mindfucks a lot of your enemies. Especially switching between 2handing, then halfswording, then suddenly changing to your shield&mace, midfight puts a lot of enemies into a "wtf" mode, making do mistakes.

Also: Looter playing. Spawn with a cheap, ok-ish weapon, pick up/steal whatever you find (prioritize +3 stuff) and you will always find new and entertaining roles to play. Requires above average strategical sense of you, btw, as you need to figure out by the situation, wether you should take the pike, greatsword, sword, steal the horse or whatever. But if you can read the situation right, and what your teammates need right now, you can be a VERY good addition to your team. Cav raping? Take a long-spear/pike (remember to pick up any 1-slot weapons you find/kill), HA annoying your team? Go hoplite. You and your team is doing good, but OH NOES, camping archers! Pick up that shield from the shielder you just killed and teach them a lesson! Seriously, this build is FUN!
(click to show/hide)

I have to say, this does sound like a really fun build. Jack of All Trades, and since melee doesn't need more than 100 WPF anyhow for the most part, you can be Semi-Master of all!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:37:49 am »
I have to say, this does sound like a really fun build. Jack of All Trades, and since melee doesn't need more than 100 WPF anyhow for the most part, you can be Semi-Master of all!
It is. I say everyone should try this at least once. Be it with your main, alt or STF. It really is fun to be able to pick up any melee weapon (apart from Great Maul) and be able to use it to it's fullest (apart from crushtrough in general), while also have the option of taking any shield or horse too. The looter play-style is really entertaining. Also, you know when you fight someone with a "omfg OP weapon!"? Now you can pick that up after you or your allies kill him and you can see how "OP" it really is. This is why I have stopped complaining about some weapons and start complaining about others. Some weapons just are really too easy to use.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 12:23:46 pm »
1h longsword: does it req. 1h or 2h wpf?

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 12:29:42 pm »
1h as long as used with a shield.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 08:28:52 pm »
It is. I say everyone should try this at least once. Be it with your main, alt or STF. It really is fun to be able to pick up any melee weapon (apart from Great Maul) and be able to use it to it's fullest (apart from crushtrough in general), while also have the option of taking any shield or horse too. The looter play-style is really entertaining. Also, you know when you fight someone with a "omfg OP weapon!"? Now you can pick that up after you or your allies kill him and you can see how "OP" it really is. This is why I have stopped complaining about some weapons and start complaining about others. Some weapons just are really too easy to use.

I know this is a necro post (someone else revived the thread).

But that's actually my current build.

I had always done this for level 30:

18/18
2 IF
6 PS
4 Shield
6 Athletics
6 Riding
5 Weapon Master

But my current build this gen:
18/18
6 PS
5 Shield (nice for picking up Huscarl's, especially for strat, even though the 4 skill shields are really nice)
6 Athletics
6 Riding
6 WM

But for both I only put points into 1h and polearms.  At 6 WM I have 115 1h, and 122 polearms.  And my equipment weight takes away about 15 WPF, so I think it's perfect.  5 WM I would have 110 1h, and 113 polearms...so not a HUGE difference (but I'd be under 100 WPF after armor penalties which I really would try to avoid).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 09:31:27 pm »
Nice.

Although don't worry about getting under 100 wpf. The difference between 100 wf and for example 90 wpf is so small you wont notice. Hell, even 1 wpf compared to 100 wpf is small!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:11 pm »
+1
MAN AT ARMS:  KNIGHT  (LVL 31)
·   Strength: 18
·   Agility: 18
·   Hit points: 63
·   Ironflesh: 5
·   Power Strike: 6
·   Shield: 4
·   Athletics: 6
·   Riding: 5
·   Weapon Master: 6
·   One Handed: 115
·   Polearm: 114
Crossbow: 65

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:04 pm »
Oh right, and I know it's a very small difference, I just want to be able to look at weapons' speed and damage stats, and know that they are accurate, or that I'm doing more damage and slightly faster, I don't want to ever do less damage or speed than a weapons' listed stats  :mrgreen:
 - Stolen from Macropussy