Author Topic: Auctioning Tomfoolery  (Read 738 times)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Auctioning Tomfoolery
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:50:03 am »
I was just bidding on a banner and after every bid I was outdone by 1 gold. I sat there steadily increase of increments of 1000 gold, then 5000 gold and then I just went 10000 more and it seems like someone is running a script or something right now. That or I'm really unlucky and one of the three bidders is directly bidding against me but I find the odds less than winning the lottery and it a little suspect that immediately after placing my bid I'm out done by a single gold piece, including the fact that it takes a minute for the site to update.
And how!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Auctioning Tomfoolery
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:53:18 am »
Thats the way it works. If someone has put a higher max bid in it will auto bid +1 gold over yours
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 01:55:11 am »
+1
It's not telling you what the highest bid is. It's telling you how much gold the highest bidder will actually pay for the item.

If you bid 1 gold and I bid 100k, the auction page for the item we both bid on will say the highest bid is 2 gold because I'm not actually paying 100k for it.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:56 am »
Wait, what? If you bid more than whatever I bid how does that not make yours the highest bid? Are you saying if you bid in 100k gold then it's just going to go one more piece over the highest bid? If that's the case then why hasn't it changed the bid for the other items I've auctioned for?

I'm basically just trying to play the price is right here? Except I want to go over someone else's maximal bid by 1 gold?

Edit: I think I see it now. I can either keep going up by a single increment or steadily increase it until I finally have the maximum bid.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:06:13 am by SixThumbs »
And how!