Author Topic: Assists, assists, assists  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Assists, assists, assists
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2012, 01:10:57 am »
+1
I don't understand why people want this "assist/horsekilling/damage dealt" information.
Are you unhappy because you're not recognized by the community, even though you're doing your "job" well ? Oh... poor lad, come here, and have a cookie. And here this piece of advice :

Just play the game, have fun and help your team win. Who cares about recognition ? Or stay with friends, and they'll see how awesome you are, and they're the only one who cares anyway.

As an archer myself, i'm satisified with a "simple" k/d. I'd prefer it if devs continue working on the new mods, fixing known issues, trying to balance it, that adding so much new columns to the "tab screen", for nearly nothing.

You want to add horsekills ? I don't see how a range killing an horse near an unaware friendly ranged, making him die to the dehorsed horseman deserves this horsekill. If he had shot the rider (like all good range), then he'd have his kill, and he could still shoot the stationnary horse afterwards, if no ally wants it. I personnally prefer shooting an horse till it's near death, and WAIT for it to come in melee range before finishing it off, else you have a wandering dehorsed ennemy, instead of a dead body at your feet. Adding horsekills will make people greedy, and instead of killing a cav, you actuallly "transform" him into a shielder / polearm.

You want to add damage dealt ? That would be a way to know exactly the damage done, etc... wich is something devs don't want. An approximate total damage dealt after each round ? Who cares about damage... a beautiful arrow stun or bump, or knockdown with a 0 slot 0 PS hammer in front of a 9 PS Mighty Long Axe user is worth more than most high damage. Also, leaving 3 heavily wounded, instead of killing 2, is... BAD. Way easier to survive a gank of 1 (also called duel) than of 3, even if wounded. There again, it's the kill supremacy.

You want to add assists ? So a short bow doing 1 damage on EVERY ennemy gets 50 assists a round ? How useless information is that ? You can't really exploit/use that information for anything relevant. Except if it's a 12 PS Great Maul build, and you'll understand his Assists are actually his "should-be-kills" stolen by someone else.

I'm really not a big fan of giving devs more work, for no real gameplay benefit. Hell, adding thoses things may even ruin the general gameplay.

I already see cavs topping EVEN MORE the scoreboard :
-damage done : couching supremacy
-assists : bumping supremacy
-horsekills : I still see more horse killed by other cavs than by pike, even though range is probably the first cause of mortality for thoses equus africanus.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline sinotna

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jeezah
Re: Assists, assists, assists
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2012, 02:40:41 pm »
+1