Author Topic: Bonus EXP and GOLD for killing?  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
Re: Bonus EXP and GOLD for killing?
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 05:06:18 am »
As already said, the problem of rewarding kills will lead to kill stealing, which is annoying enough, but in addition leads to more teamkills.

So perhaps this is the wrong end to approach the matter of rewarding personal performance by xp and gold.

How about doubling gold and xp you get per tick (yes, additionally to the multiplier, so that you can have ten times the reward you currently get with x1 ), BUT all of it is put in a personal "pot". This pot is being disbursed not before the end of the round. The percentage of your team's survivors equals the percentage you actually receive from this pot (but never less than 25%, otherwise a won round with x5 multiplier would still bring 0 rewards  :? ).

This way players are encouraged more to keep their teammates alive, which hopefully will improve teamplay. If you kill a lot of enemies they can't kill your teammates, and thus you earn more rewards. Which indirectly is rewarding you for kills.

I know this system is not ideal, as all the other players are rewarded for your kills, too, but I think this is the only way to at least approach something like a reward for kills. Because if particular players would be the only ones rewarded for particular kills, you would immediately have envy and greed going around on the servers. Enemies are potential "treasures", and everyone who opens the chest (by splitting the skull with an axe) is some kind of "thief", so you have to hurry to get this ki... oooops! Sry! You ran into my swing!)

Take this pot as some kind of medieval health insurance, and whenever someone is killed in a round you need a certain percentage of the money for the ambulance service, ambulatory and stationary treatment, rehab and the psychological care to get the shock of the undergone violence out of one's system.  :wink:

Or did I oversee some possible flaw or exploit?  :?  :?:
God you are so hot right now..... Tell this to chadz NOW
visitors can't see pics , please register or login