Poll

Do you approve?

Yes.
10 (52.6%)
No.
5 (26.3%)
Yes, with some slight changes which I'll post bellow.
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Zlisch siege fixing fucking suggestion  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Zlisch siege fixing fucking suggestion
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:36:29 pm »
The time on siege spawns is fine in my opinion just the spawn location needs to be fixed. You always spawn away from the flag so its almost impossible to stop the attackers from capturing the flag. Also on one map I played on I spawned right next to about 7-8 enemys in front of me and about 5 behind me.
Read my entire suggestion before turning down one part of it, 99% of all good defenses would build a forward base near their flag.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 03:28:24 am »
+1
With the current maps most of the problem is people don't identify the actual choke points for the map.

I've forgotten the name of the map but it has a 2 tiered wall with a flag in the court yard 2 portcullis gates and a back door.

One ladder goes up onto the first wall section and a siege tower goes up to the first section as well. People always crowed the first section for some reason. It really doesn't work because if they push the back door you have haul arse across the whole map but more importantly it's really easy to get overwhelmed on the first section.

If the defence team lets the first section go and just holds the second tier at the ladder, the small stairs and the back door they should be able to win nearly every time ignoring of course the possibility that the other team will just be loaded with much better players. Only the back door allows more that one person at a time to get in but it can be surrounded from three sides + there are 2 points for range to fire from safely to cover the door from the outside and from the inside.

The other 2 locations have a tower that over looks them both + 2 other points that over look them independently. 3 Great mauls and some quality range should be able to shut that shit down 99% of the time.
That's my first cRPG map - Foothold. The name is intentional, the attackers are supposed to take the front wall with relative ease  :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 12:46:02 am »
That's my first cRPG map - Foothold. The name is intentional, the attackers are supposed to take the front wall with relative ease  :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)
Lord Ozin kindly give any information you're allowed to give about the subject, ain't asking for specifics mainly just in what direction you're doing it.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 06:49:14 am »

(click to show/hide)

Yeah foot hold is the basis of my map. I'm having real trouble building the gate house though :/ I'm trying to figure out how to use blender to build it exactly how I want and I'm 100% completely fucking lost on how to do it. You see I need tight spiral stair cases and a split level roof with 2 towers that act as the primary entry ways into the gate house.
The idea being that a small team of good player can lock the gate house down while the bulk of the team hold the second tear walls and the flag room. Which will force the army to go the long way.

Also if I can help with siege feel free to PM me. I'm putting my gamers hat away for a little bit, so now all I have to do on Monday morning is clean my house :/ I don't like cleaning, I like filth.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 11:15:53 am »
What the first post says is completely possible. I even saw the oil mechanism in a native siege server!

I agree with this suggestion completely, and it is essential to make this to replace with siege; the current siege is more like teamdeathmatch where you are only supposed to protect/capture flag. Walls have no importance at all.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D