Poll

What issue do you think is the biggest OH SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED thing in cRPG?

Pole Stagger
50 (22.6%)
Range
26 (11.8%)
Cav
24 (10.9%)
2h
22 (10%)
Ghost Reach
22 (10%)
Exploits
6 (2.7%)
Gravity
5 (2.3%)
Water Drowning you at Knee Level (WTF MY HEADS OUTA THE WATER)
10 (4.5%)
Weapon Balance
9 (4.1%)
Gomer Being To Good at this Game
20 (9%)
Economy
17 (7.7%)
MAULs
10 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 221

Author Topic: The Most Pressing Issue in cRPG?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
Re: The Most Pressing Issue in cRPG?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 02:27:38 am »

why nerf Bows and xbows accuracy? realistically their quite accurate, taking the block from a pike/long spear would be nice seeing as lifting a 7ft+ long piece of wood makes no sense.
IRL The short composite bows are faster, accuret upto 150 yards and could kill through 2in of steel. THe english longbow was much weaker then composite bows and much slower. IRL the comp bows such as the 'Horn" bow (If from China) would of been the deadliest weapon on the battlefield.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 02:34:24 am »

why nerf Bows and xbows accuracy? realistically their quite accurate, taking the block from a pike/long spear would be nice seeing as lifting a 7ft+ long piece of wood makes no sense.

Realistically, they are NOT quite accurate. Sure if you Youtube archery, you will see some chinese kid pull a Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and split an arrow with another arrow. Historically though: Arrows where not machine made, archers are not machines, at 100 feet shooting a "group" of 6 is considered pretty good, thats 6 arrows all in the same 3 foot circle. Archers take maybe 2 years to be able to do this, with weekly practise. Crossbows also were not accurate, they were hated not because of their deadly power or accuracy, but because with some gold you could buy 100 of them, hire 100 peasants and teach them to shoot in a matter of hours, while archers took years to get to same level of accuracy. At one point the Pope banned any christian from shooting any other christian with a crossbow, and they were considered the most scheming and nasty of all possible ways to fight. Even then they never saw wide use, not compared with archery, and their presence in crpg pains me every day, what a shitheap cheap and dirty way to fight. Also, HORSE CROSSBOWS: NEVER happend, the damage done by any crossbow that can be handdrawn on horseback without LENGHTY use of a detachable windlass would be so minimal that noone would bother, since men in leathers would probably be safe from anything but an eye-shot.

EVERYTHING else no matter how fucked could stay in my opinion, if ONLY they would remove horse crossbows....god damn they make me so furious, not by killing me, just by excisting....what an afront to history.

IRL The short composite bows are faster, accuret upto 150 yards and could kill through 2in of steel. THe english longbow was much weaker then composite bows and much slower. IRL the comp bows such as the 'Horn" bow (If from China) would of been the deadliest weapon on the battlefield.

Your a funny guy, you should do standup. No seriously, where you get this comedy material?
I don't know enough

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2012, 02:44:59 am »

Realistically, they are NOT quite accurate. Sure if you Youtube archery, you will see some chinese kid pull a Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and split an arrow with another arrow. Historically though: Arrows where not machine made, archers are not machines, at 100 feet shooting a "group" of 6 is considered pretty good, thats 6 arrows all in the same 3 foot circle. Archers take maybe 2 years to be able to do this, with weekly practise. Crossbows also were not accurate, they were hated not because of their deadly power or accuracy, but because with some gold you could buy 100 of them, hire 100 peasants and teach them to shoot in a matter of hours, while archers took years to get to same level of accuracy. At one point the Pope banned any christian from shooting any other christian with a crossbow, and they were considered the most scheming and nasty of all possible ways to fight. Even then they never saw wide use, not compared with archery, and their presence in crpg pains me every day, what a shitheap cheap and dirty way to fight. Also, HORSE CROSSBOWS: NEVER happend, the damage done by any crossbow that can be handdrawn on horseback without LENGHTY use of a detachable windlass would be so minimal that noone would bother, since men in leathers would probably be safe from anything but an eye-shot.

EVERYTHING else no matter how fucked could stay in my opinion, if ONLY they would remove horse crossbows....god damn they make me so furious, not by killing me, just by excisting....what an afront to history.

Your a funny guy, you should do standup. No seriously, where you get this comedy material?

No need for a history lesson geez, actually archery is not that hard to learn as I have done it my self and still do, I do however agree with taking Horse xbowers out because thats just unreal you could probably reload a light crossbow on horseback but it would be a nightmare to do.

as for the pope thing...yeah really don't care but its nice you wasted some of your time on it though :)

True compared to normal bows the "horn" bow from the east were so much stronger and more powerful and yes longbow can be slow to notch and shoot but when trained can be surprisingly fast but in general yeah pretty slow.  :)
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 03:31:54 am »
only 6 voted mauls?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 03:34:12 am »
only 6 voted mauls?

You can't change your vote, and they weren't there at the beginning. So...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 03:35:26 am »
You can't change your vote, and they weren't there at the beginning. So...
Edit: wiill require a reset of votes.

Dear admin allow people to change votes. Thanks Gomer

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 03:38:02 am »
+1
Saw Gomer in-game like last week on Siege.  He was tking, opening doors/gates on defense. Had I know he was such a douche (name should have been a hint) I would have screen shotted.  Why am I putting this here? Because you suck Gomer so I guess this counts as a flame?

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 05:04:30 am »
Saw Gomer in-game like last week on Siege.  He was tking, opening doors/gates on defense. Had I know he was such a douche (name should have been a hint) I would have screen shotted.  Why am I putting this here? Because you suck Gomer so I guess this counts as a flame?
Don't tk my horse on siege. I don't TK. I opened the Door and closed it behind me to go couche pple in spawn. Your a frilly my old friendet who tk'd my horse.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 05:25:28 am »
Kill all horses! No ifs, no buts, just kill em all!!

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 05:40:44 am »
could kill through 2in of steel

This is two inches:

|---------------------------------------------|

I really fucking hope I misunderstood what you said. I desperately wish, for your sake, that something was lost in translation--that you didn't quite type out what you were actually thinking. Maybe your finger slipped, and you pushed "2" instead of "not fucking two". Wait! I've got it! Gomer, you meant to type "mm" instead of "in", right?

I must turn your attention to the beautiful graphic above to illustrate my point. Because right now there are two possibilities: either you made a little mistake, or you possess the combined intelligence of a lobotomy patient, an artichoke, and a cup of noodles. Retarded noodles.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 05:49:58 am »
This is two inches:

|---------------------------------------------|

I really fucking hope I misunderstood what you said. I desperately wish, for your sake, that something was lost in translation--that you didn't quite type out what you were actually thinking. Maybe your finger slipped, and you pushed "2" instead of "not fucking two". Wait! I've got it! Gomer, you meant to type "mm" instead of "in", right?

I must turn your attention to the beautiful graphic above to illustrate my point. Because right now there are two possibilities: either you made a little mistake, or you possess the combined intelligence of a lobotomy patient, an artichoke, and a cup of noodles. Retarded noodles.
2MM... I ment 2mm like the size of my penis! Sorry I am american and I am used to real measurements.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 09:25:24 am »
I don't TK.
Gomer you TK all the fucking time.  You once stood on a ladder, as an attacker, and  killed the people  trying to climb up.

An admin saw you do it and chose to do nothing.  I guess we, as a community, then deserve it.

But still, you TK.   Because you're a troll.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 09:47:12 am »
Back on EU1, when cmp promised a loom to whoever kills me, this my old friendget immediately proceeded to try and TK me. I find that to be a pressing issue.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 10:22:27 am »
Back on EU1, when cmp promised a loom to whoever kills me, this my old friendget immediately proceeded to try and TK me. I find that to be a pressing issue.
He said "Whoever kills you" Never did I hear CMP say anything about it having to be a enemy....
Gomer you TK all the fucking time.  You once stood on a ladder, as an attacker, and  killed the people  trying to climb up.

An admin saw you do it and chose to do nothing.  I guess we, as a community, then deserve it.

But still, you TK.   Because you're a troll.
I thought I was a defender