Author Topic: STR_tortouI banned. why?  (Read 730 times)

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: STRanger
STR_tortouI banned. why?
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:17:03 pm »
good evening dear administration.
would you explain please what is the reason of STR_tortoul's ban?

if that is because of my "leech" on the reyvaldin siege, THEN I CAN EXPLAIN THAT. i was not leeching, i went to the restroom, and hided myself in the water in order not to be killed. when i came back, i was getting kicked and was late to explain the situation.
if there was another reason, then it must be a terrible mistake. actually the first one was a mistake too
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:35:17 pm by tortoul »
Up onto the overturned keel. Clamber, with a heart of steel.
Cold is the ocean's spray. And your death is on its way.
With maidens you have had your way...
Each must die some day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: STR_tortouI banned. why?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:54:23 pm »
good evening dear administration.
would you explain please what is the reason of STR_tortoul's ban?

if that is because of my "leech" on the reyvaldin siege, THEN I CAN EXPLAIN THAT. i was not leeching, i went to the restroom, and hided myself in the water in order not to be killed. when i came back, i was getting kicked and was late to explain the situation.
if there was another reason, then it must be a terrible mistake. actually the first one was a mistake too
It was the reyvadin siege.
I saw you AFK leeching in the water underneath a bridge far away from battle 5 to 6 minutes before the banning. I (and other admins) made several public announcements about leeching, AND two other people had already been banned.
I went back to check if you were still there later in the battle, and you were still there afk leeching. I slowly killed you while talking publicly in all chat to get your attention, but you wouldn't respond. 40 minutes into the strat battle your KDR was 2 kills and 4 deaths. Everybody else who had been playing was well above 30 kills or deaths. So you had been leeching for most of the battle.
You probably had leeched ~700k exp before I banned you for 10 days. Leeching bans are global.

I hate having to ban people. Your side of the story is?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:57:35 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:12:38 pm »
what you saw is true. and it seemed like i was leeching 99 % and i cant blame you for doing your duty. here is my story

what can i say about being afk for about 6-7 minutes: in order to have some free xp (i cant deny that). i had a job to do with the toilet pan (it was early morning in asia) and extra 20 or 30 k was never redundant. 

about being far from the battle: again in order to have some free xp and not to get qml-ed  but i could see ppls, and the fact that you saw me tells that i wasnot so far ;)

actually i was there right when you banned me, and even pressed the m button, for if smone qml-ed me. and i coul read in the chat smth like: hey, who's that guy leeching in the water? lets kill him and find it out, etc. i didnt panic cause i could play on EU, and i assumed that you banned me for 2 hour, like it was with other guys a day before.

about my k-d ratio: actually it had to be smth like 7 to 8 or 8 to 9, that's because of losing the connection. if thats possible you can check that. and if tha't possible you can also see other of my participations: i dont kill much, cause i'm an archer (horse archer) with 5 pd, and defence always has long bows, so i can only use an xbow, so i cant kill much (not to leech i assist well, and you can see headshots in reports). but also i dont want to waste tickets, so i play carefully. and if i die many times that's only when foe takes the spawn.

about getting a lot of xp: i got asleep and was late for about 30 mins, so i didnt get much unfortunately

considering your point of view, and that you have to consider that i can lie, (i repeat) i cant blame you banned me. but dont you think 10 days is too much for halfnonpurposal leching? i find it extreme even for 100% leeching.

and also considering all written i dont find myself  due to appologise (thats not an agressive refuse) i just can see a mistake, but not a guilt.
so i say sorry for putting myself in this not good situation an involving you in this. but not for my behavior.
i hope you understand the stuation correctly and unban me immedietly, or if i couldnt convince you i was not guilty tho' reduce the ban time.
p.s.
 thank you for attention
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:22:08 pm by tortoul »
Each must die some day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »
I saw you AFK for that duration, but I have no way of knowing how long you were there before that. I saw you there (away from battle) because I was sneaking around to get at some flags behind enemy lines.
I came back to see if you were still there and you were. Verified what I needed to know. Glad you admitted to that duration, but how long WERE you actually there? be honest.

According to the roster for the battle, you went 2-3. So you didn't have more kills/deaths not show from disconnecting. I don't like Lies (big or small). I value honesty.
You were still leeching in a big strat battle where everyone got 20000+ exp per tick. Your team still won. If your team had narrowly lost then it would be the blame of the few people leeching in the battle, I would keep you banned for a few more days, because then it wouldn't be just leeching.

I'll lift the ban for you and m3rlin Tomorrow or later tonight. Reduced time, but not unbanning immediately. I hope you understand.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »
thnx for reducing. i understand u cant believe me
i said no lies, i dont have any reason to lie.
and i realize that my story is very dubious, and i cant help it
so i hope to see u again on the battle, but not here
Each must die some day.