Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 787 times)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Mass Effect 3
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »
I just finished my first, and likely only, play-through of ME3.  A bit late I know but I wanted to say something about it nonetheless.

What a turd this game turned out to be.  I was so psyched to finally finish up the Mass Effect story; ready to add it to my personal list of favorite titles.  To have the capstone of the series phoned in like this was a kick in the pants.  I won't be spending any more free time on a Bioware product in the foreseeable future, that's for sure.  It's been a long fall from grace for Bioware but they're finally off my radar completely.

Did anyone actually like how ME3 turned out?  Or the gameplay for that matter?  I played through ME2 four times with three classes--but when I thought about playing through ME3 with a different class the desire just wasn't there.  This isn't entirely due to the crappy ending, either.  The gameplay simply was not as fun as it was in ME2.  It really felt as though the effort put into game design this time around was minimal.  Shamefur dispray indeed.

On a mostly-unrelated-to-Mass-Effect note, I have accumulated a lot of unplayed games since the Steam Christmas sale.  I'd like to start on something else right away to get the stain of Mass Effect off my brain.  I'm considering Bioshock (both), Dead Space (both), The Witcher (just the first atm) or TES (Oblivion and Skyrim).  If I play a TES game next I'm going to start with Oblivion.  I know the stories in TES game aren't really linked but I'd prefer to play them in sequential order anyway.  Any recommendations?
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:59 am »
The Witcher has a lot of good reviews. I have yet to play it myself but its supposed to be amazing. Skyrim and Oblivion were fun but they don't have that much replay value.

As for ME3, I completely agree. I was willing to put up with some changes to see how it all ended. The ending killed it completely for me. I didn't understand why people had such rage at Bioware for the ending until I got there. Then I completely understood. I've played through the entire series and had fun along the way then it all seemed pointless with the ending in ME3. What did it matter with all those choices when the ending is like that? I was really disappointed. I haven't touched it since I saw the ending. I didn't even want to do a second play through or finish multiplayer.

Good luck to whichever game you decide on. Dead space was fun but didn't take long to finish. No idea on Dead Space 2.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:17:26 am »
Yeah I was kinda leaning towards The Witcher already.  I think I will go with that.  If it's good, hopefully Steam will have a sale on the second installment soon.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:36:57 pm »
Some people liked the ME3 ending....some didnt. I dunno, when the game ended all I said was: "eeehhhh......". ME3 was one of those games that id rate with just okay and nothing higher. The biggest joy I had when the entire human resistance started storming the lightbeam at the end. That was the only real badass part imo.

Witcher series are awesome. I liked the both 1 and 2. Althou the combat and lvling was slightly different in both of em.

Also MAX PAYNE 3 just came out. And this is such a badass game. Im litterally stuck infront of my PC now. The story and actionscenes and kills are just sooo rewarding. Playing as Max makes u feel like a badass. Like at one point u tell a computerguy to wait for u while u clear the room. Than u just randomly storm in the room thats filled with hardcore payed mercs that have kevlar like u dont give a shit anymore and start shooting em with an uzi in slowmoe.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:45:04 pm »
+1
Yeah I was kinda leaning towards The Witcher already.  I think I will go with that.  If it's good, hopefully Steam will have a sale on the second installment soon.

Witcher 2 is excellent. The combat system is simply unparalleled in any other RPG game. As a Mount & Blade player, you will definitely like it even though they aren't exactly similar. The overall main story leaves much to be desired though. The graphics also trump the shit out of Skyrim's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.