Author Topic: 2h Question of Importance?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Cosby
  • Game nicks: HoC_ImperialWizard_BillCosby
2h Question of Importance?
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:57:15 pm »
I have a 15/24 Build, 5 IS/PS About 160 WPF and 7 athletics, (Shoulda been 8 i jacked up)

Anyways, I get a lot of glancing blows on the Heavier enemies and I'm enjoying the Speed of the build so how could I tweak my stats next Generation so I don't lose too much speed but get some more punishing hits?
While I cannot confirm this, for I was not in teamspeak, nor do I play this game, because it is shit.
So being in the position I am
(click to show/hide)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Re: 2h Question of Importance?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »
do 24 15 8 PS 5 ath, 5 WM 5 IF(or 4 IF 1 shield if you want a board shield for approach)

then wear light armor(leather) and you'll still be fast, plus they will feel your hits, when the map has too much archery, wear something heavier
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »
Hmm, but I don't want to be so "weak" when it comes to taking hits though.

And to clarify that, I mostly take to the Siege server so I expect to take damage and don't want 1 arrow crippling my health bar.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:18:54 pm by xKhanxRahvin »
While I cannot confirm this, for I was not in teamspeak, nor do I play this game, because it is shit.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »
I don't know how your hits bounce with 5 PS, most agi builds are 15-24 (ninjas even do 12-27), the speed bonus should help you not bounce unless the enemy is in triple heirloomed black armor or something.

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »
It's the Strength Tanks that I have issues with, if you're familiar with what some of the BRD's wear I suppose you'd know what I mean. I mean I can kill these people, it's just taking4-5 hits and some glance. I use a Tempered Danish Great-sword Btw if that helps  :o
(click to show/hide)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:29:12 pm »
Well I play on EU servers, full STR builds are quite rare here, balanced and agi builds are more common.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 05:36:31 pm »
I have a 15/24 Build, 5 IS/PS About 160 WPF and 7 athletics, (Shoulda been 8 i jacked up)

Anyways, I get a lot of glancing blows on the Heavier enemies and I'm enjoying the Speed of the build so how could I tweak my stats next Generation so I don't lose too much speed but get some more punishing hits?
With this or a similar build I would use a Katana or Longsword and such swords, cause they're made for those builds. If you don't want glancing bows use the Dadao, it's a great 2h weapon, you can one hit most people if you're a strenghtbuild but I'm sure it's still powerful with an agibuild. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 05:38:12 pm »
I got enough coin to give a new blade a try, I'll letcha' know how that goes.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 07:48:49 pm »
try 18/21 build my clanmate swears by it, hes a pure 2her, really fast with mw danish and regularly tops the leaderboards (heavy teamhitter tho  :mrgreen:)

i on the other hand play 21/18 not much of a difference just feel i get more from 1 more ps than 1 more wm and ath.

if you have trouble with tourtles and str IF builds buy a maul/mallet and you problems are solved.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:32 pm »

I'd go 18 or 21 str if I were you. 2 more athletics + 20 wpf doesn't make a big difference if you wear above mail afaik, but 2 more ps/if does.
Also, you have to try to hit them when they are directly in front of you one or two steps away. If they are off to the side or to far/to close attacks get less damage.

Offline Sofa_King

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TS
  • Game nicks: Sofa_King
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 12:51:10 am »
My build is 15-24, and my swing almost counts everytime even against some heavy armor guy. And i use a balanced great danish sword, and some other cheaper weapons like 2hand sword, bar mace. I think the problem u are facing is mostly cost by ur movement, it is hard to keep up with a guy that is much slower than u, so it is very easy for u and me to move too forward which makes our long danish sword doesnt count for the blow. especially like thursting, it wont work if u get too close, but if u can keep it at good range and good angle, ur swing will always count.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:31:19 am »
Aside from wpf and powerstrike, the range at which your swing hits influences wether it glances or not.

Try to make your swings hit dead on and at the maximum range of your weapon.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39:21 am »
If you make agi builds some of your strikes will bounce. That is the price to pay.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 12:41:14 pm »
It's the Strength Tanks that I have issues with, if you're familiar with what some of the BRD's wear I suppose you'd know what I mean. I mean I can kill these people, it's just taking4-5 hits and some glance. I use a Tempered Danish Great-sword Btw if that helps  :o
Then you are probably doing fine.
Whenever I fight Wallace, Linden, or any other super-heavy strength heirloomed-plate guy I expect glances to happen sometimes.

The advice in this thread about hitting people with the tip of your weapon, in the sweetspots, is true. With proper footwork to have the correct range, and turning into your attacks, you won't glance even on goretooth's lordly black armor.
If you really don't want glances to happen ever, you are going to need a strength build with 8 or more powerstrike.
Oh, and your Danish greatsword is fine. Besides, with it heirloomed once already and you being more used to it, you will probably do better with it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:44:43 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.