Author Topic: Constant Disconnecting problem  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Constant Disconnecting problem
« on: April 07, 2011, 07:53:03 am »
Hello, my name is Kryser. I own 3 cd keys, and allow my 19 yr old little brother Kasper to play on one. When he joined DL and started playing alot, he always seemed to get disconnected randomly while playing c-rpg on any NA server. I did everything in my power to try and fix this problem.
Was it fps? Expensive internet? Shitty cable wires chewed on by his 9 month old pit bull Mary?
Even ZyloRage helped me with his IT help over TS and it didn't help.

Last night, Kasper came up to me after a quite evening of murdering people on the siege server when he noticed he wasn't on Team speak, chit chatting with the other guys. He also figured out that he hadn't disconnected at all that night and he had a good X5 going.

Problem solved.

Team Speak kills C-rpg for some users.

BEWARE OF TEAM SPEAK!
IT WILL LAG UR ASS OUT OF A GOOD MULTI AND MAKE YOU WANT TO KICK BABIES!  :evil: :evil: :evil:
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: Constant Disconnecting problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:19:20 am »
Fuer and Memento , both use Team Speak , play in LAN and don't get disconnected...

Your point as flaws, so won't be considered ;)

Nice try

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:35:31 am »
Maybe after some people give me feed back, actual feed back, we will see. My brother and I use wireless, with the same ip, but different keys. If I help one person play longer without disconnecting, they will gain more experience, and not rage quit this great game.

New Thread Rule: Only post positive feed back!
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 12:49:23 pm »
Well I use wireless and I am constantly lag spiking with the occasional disconnect, usually caused by a 5.8 ghz frequency phone. At least I think that is the frequency, and when the phone rings I get disconnected

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:52:44 pm »
I use wireless and I also get random disconnected. When I notice it happening a bunch I usually just restart my comp, that usually fixes it for a bit. If anything just reset the router before each session and it should happen less often. Now it won't fix if there is some kind of underlining problem that we don't know about but this is step one in trouble shooting  :).
On it.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:29:03 pm »
Yea cell phones and texts hurt too, 300+ ping for a second. EWWWWW :mad:

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »
I do not use TS (at least not often and not yet with M&B), and have the random disconnects as well on NA Siege - usually at the end of a round or when the map changes, and preferably when I am doing well and/or have >x1... lol

Startet about two weeks ago, currently it is a bit better.

My internet connection is crappy, but that was the same all the time and I did not have those disconnects during the weeks before.

So TS may cause problems as well, but the NA disconnect problems have another cause. BTW we are not the only ones - quite a few have whined about that in public chat.

P.S.: happens more often on NA, but sometimes on EU 5/6 as well
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:36:47 am by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...