Author Topic: How much shield skill would I need to have sufficient ghostreach with buckler.  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Please answer.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Quite a bit I'd imagine. With 4 Shield Skill and a heavy round shield you can still get shot in the foot. So maybe 6-7 for full coverage? more maybe? STF! =D Just give the STF 21-27 agi and leave him at 6 shield for a bit, try it out, then put the 7th point and check the difference.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:43:22 pm by Zanze »

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Maybe Mala will chime in. I don't know how much shield skill he has, but I remember frequently being amazed at his buckler coverage. One day I hope to make a 12/24 steel pick/buckler STF char, probably a blast.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:46:44 pm by Phew »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Quite a bit I'd imagine. With 4 Shield Skill and a heavy round shield you can still get shot in the foot. So maybe 6-7 for full coverage? more maybe? STF! =D Just give the STF 21-27 agi and leave him at 6 shield for a bit, try it out, then put the 7th point and check the difference.
I don't need near full coverage, just need enough so I can aim my blocks and then block as if I had a normal shield with low skill.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I don't need near full coverage, just need enough so I can aim my blocks and then block as if I had a normal shield with low skill.

5 shield skill and steel buckler blocks most melee attacks. There's a few at the side that could get you, but they're relatively rare and could be solved if you just turn your body a little. It's not guaranteed to block any projectiles though.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Hmm, well, get 8 shieldskill and you cannot be hit or shot from the 180 degrees your facing.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1773
  • Infamy: 2713
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Leo said 7 or more, I think. Or maybe even 8 shield skill.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
I had 7 shields last gen and at some point LeoKing wondered how I blocked arrows so well. Though sure, I used one of the 1 slot bucklers instead of the 0 slot buckler, so that helped a bit too.

7 isn't enough for omni-coverage, but by pointing towards the shooter you're pretty safe.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Using the round buckler with 5 shield skill, I had a lot of arrows magically floating around the edge of my shield. It also "pulls in" projectiles that look like they should have hit your shoulders or thighs when you are shielding straight forwards.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bucklers are good with 7-8 shield skill, or they break a bit too fast to be useful in my opinion. They also seem to give adequate coverage. So my answer is 7-8 min.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
8 shield is good, less is a bit to crappy
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.