Author Topic: One nerf and one buff  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: One nerf and one buff
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »
Suppressed = bad word choice. Should have been "denied" or something of the like. I suppose you understand anyway. And when I say blocking a feint yes I mean the real attack after the feints. By feint I mean the whole succession of false attacks followed by the real one.

What I said is that a combat between similarly skilled players was more fun than it is now, when blocking wasn't that trivial. Of course if I could time travel back then with my present day experience I would crush the majority of players. You can already experience that to a lesser degree by playing on 22nd siege if you manage to bypass the arrowstorm.

Standing combat can be much more interesting than what you'd think, especially with the likes of Saint. And it sure is one of the best ways to learn the basics of combat faster. Of course the heart of the combat is when both the attack/block mechanisms and movement are balanced, but I find it appaling that today new players think having a long and fast weapon while moving randomly is the key to everything when they are confronted to the blocking learning curve.
1. I understand merely that you feel stifled, and would stifle a playstyle you do not like, a playstyle which is easy enough to counter.

2. That's not what you said at all, but I totally endorse the 'blocking wasn't trivial' bit. I haven't played seige in ages, and I do not recal which eu server is actually best for me, but who knows, I may get banned for something silly and be forced go looking for fun.

3. Standing combat is far easier then moving around.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog