Author Topic: Is Italian sword borked?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Is Italian sword borked?
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »
I know I have apparently swung this weapon through people for no effect, someone (who was too chicken to post this) else also mentioned it, and claims it was not present with other 1 handers, only this one. Thoughts?
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Italian sword borked?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »
Probably my favorite one-handed weapon, definitely my favorite one-handed sword. I can't say that I've personally experienced this, but I also haven't played for awhile except for the odd strat battle.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:18:02 pm »
I know I have apparently swung this weapon through people for no effect, someone (who was too chicken to post this) else also mentioned it, and claims it was not present with other 1 handers, only this one. Thoughts?

welcome to the world of 1h. tons of fucking bugs devs havent even commented on that have been around for 6+ months
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:42:15 pm by Digglez »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:23:48 pm »
word of 1h

What word? Don't leave me hanging...
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:37 pm »
Weapons all share the same hitbox (with only the length changing) so there can't be a problem with a single weapon.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:42 am »
welcome to the world of 1h. tons of fucking bugs devs havent even commented on that have been around for 6+ months

I don't think there are any 1h bugs. :|

Seems to me like it's just sucky animations.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 04:49:07 am »
I don't think there are any 1h bugs. :|

Seems to me like it's just sucky animations.

hits that dont register, having to torque stabs to land them, people teleporting thru shields behind you or walking thru you.  its only been getting worse

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:52:01 am »
hits that dont register, having to torque stabs to land them, people teleporting thru shields behind you or walking thru you.  its only been getting worse

Only recall one instance of hits not registering, which was when my Waki went through a guy's head. I never touched it again and no problems. Most classes have to spin stabs in order to land them, which is something you wanted to limit [unless you meant something else by "torque" since it didn't make sense to me], and I never saw/experienced a person walking through my shield.

1hers don't seem to have any major issues or any minors ones that I am aware.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 04:55:31 am »
Only recall one instance of hits not registering, which was when my Waki went through a guy's head. I never touched it again and no problems. Most classes have to spin stabs in order to land them, which is something you wanted to limit [unless you meant something else by "torque" since it didn't make sense to me], and I never saw/experienced a person walking through my shield.

1hers don't seem to have any major issues or any minors ones that I am aware.

pretty clear you dont play 1h at ALL.  I'd venture to say 10% of my overheads that pass thru enemy character models dont register.  Someone warps thru my shield at least once a map practically.  And no, polearms like awlpike, poleaxe, etc dont require any torqueing at all.  So again, you dont have the faintest clue what your talking about.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:44 am »
pretty clear you dont play 1h at ALL.  I'd venture to say 10% of my overheads that pass thru enemy character models dont register.  Someone warps thru my shield at least once a map practically.  And no, polearms like awlpike, poleaxe, etc dont require any torqueing at all.  So again, you dont have the faintest clue what your talking about.

I decided to be a shielder this gen :|, and also have no issues using a dagger. I guess you haven't used a polearm?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 06:22:56 am »

you dont have the faintest clue what your talking about.

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 07:30:04 am »
I know overheads can miss quite easily and may even seem to go through people because of the odd direction of the swing but that's about it that I can think of...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:48 am »
Never experienced that on my MW Italian. I do love it when an overhead bumps off enemies head tho, hilarious shit :D

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 08:16:30 am »
i myself have used an italian sword for 3 generations and have never had a problem with the hitbox

maybe you just arent used to it, i know you are a 2h user. you might need time to adjust, i certainly did
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 08:37:12 am »
There is definatly nothing wrong with sword, it's game itself. People tend to sink in the ground, hitboxes are fucked up when they are jumping etc. Some guys with really wierd movement can make your swings glance at their armors, especially right swing when it connects with the beginning of animations it will most likely bounce of your oponent. Wich is something that wouldn't happen in most of the cases with 2h or polearm. Also ovearheads are pretty easy to miss, it happens to me with about 50% of attempts, and it's common amongs other players that use 1h weapons. You probably need to adjust your game style. If you have any performance issues, no matter if it's connection or shitty PC, things that Digglez is talking about are getting even worse.
To be honest the only problem that I noticed with 1 handed weapons hitboxes is with the stab, it seems to be a bit moved to the right side from actuall model and it tends to glance on the guy standing on your right side, but it is maybe coused with the fact that you actually have to spin a stab so even I think that I'm not doing so I did it  :lol: it may be the reason that one can call it complete bullshits  :lol: