Author Topic: Siege flag leeching on EU5  (Read 1255 times)

Offline OgTheClever

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Siege flag leeching on EU5
« on: May 16, 2012, 03:59:50 am »
Hi, I've been playing CRPG mod for a while although I haven't used the forum up until now.

Basically just now I was banned from EU_cRPG_5 via a poll (about 15 minutes ago as I post this). There were 3 other players in the session, each with the same clantag of either 'z' or 'Z' (I can't remember if it was upper or lower case). All I did was join, kill one of them once and the poll was initiated straight away, all within under a minute.

Naturally it was a majority vote from all of them, although there were a couple of things I noticed just before. They were all standing around near the flagpole, not fighting, and with minimal movement. I believe that would be considered leeching normally. Although what caught my eye the most is that their ping was all exactly the same and ranged from 400-450. So I would guess they could be bots, or at least multiple PCs on the same local network.

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots or anything because they never said anything and the ban vote caught me by surprise, kicking me from the server in about 10 seconds. I don't know if there are any logs or anything, but I would be grateful if somebody could look into this, and thanks for listening.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: Banned for intruding on 'private' game.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:03 am »
Can confirm this. They are always doing this on EU_5. Leeching there since months. Should be permabanned in my opinion.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Siege flag leeching on EU5
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:40:45 pm »
So since Kulin_Ban is too lazy to post a thread about the siege flag leechers I volunteered to do it. This means I was not actually there or seen those guys.

Crime scene (server): EU5
Time of incident: 9.00 AM CEST, 18th May (+- several hours)
Criminals: Z_Caribbean_Imy, Z_Art_Imy

These guys have been on siege server exploiting the flag round delay for hours to gain xp/gold ticks, banning everyone who enters the server. This was experienced by Kulin_Ban, who also took two screens of this vile crime:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Also a bit later another guy came to cRPG IRC channel with this:
[10:34] <Parpaing> I was banned by both players (crpg5 - Siege). One that initiated the vote is called Z_Art_Imy. We were three on the server. So they won the vote ... Does anyone can help me?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:44:52 pm by Vibe »

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
Re: Siege flag leeching on EU5
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
That must be so boring... leeching x1 and having to sit at the pc the whole time to ban anyone who might dare to want to play.

Permaban these people so that they can go outside.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 02:18:36 pm »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 02:30:59 pm »
Essay ban: "A digression on the nature of active leeching"

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 03:02:22 pm »
Leave my Asians alone!
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline SaberImy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »
Can confirm this. They are always doing this on EU_5. Leeching there since months. Should be permabanned in my opinion.

I was leeching for a time , but since months ??  The first time that i played this game is about 30 days ago.
I dont know the meaning of "permabanned", but i guess u  mean  "ban forever" , do u think once people do some bad things they should be killed right away?
I apologize for doing that bad thing , and promise not to do that again . I really like this game , it's much better than playing in the Native mod.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:14:45 pm by SaberImy »