Author Topic: Encumberance  (Read 831 times)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
Encumberance
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:52:12 am »
It was an element in the original mount and blade that when a players equipment weight exceeds their carrying capacity they become encumbered. Encumberance causes the player to be snail slow and swing as if all their weapons were 70 speed or slower. This would perhaps help balancing and eliminate some rediculous "OP" equipments.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: Encumberance
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:09:17 am »
Yeah, running into guys with full black armor, a big ass two hander, a huge crossbow and a huscarl shield isn't as common anymore, but it still bothers me that they manage to carry all of that without a single problem.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:34:11 am »
You move slower and attack slower when your weight increases, as it should.
It is already in the game. Are you suggesting it be changed, such as a slight exponential curve for weight?
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 04:14:35 pm »
Im suggesting it be implimented as it was on the old mount and blade, basically your useless if you go over you carrying capacity.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:29:13 pm »
Why not go back to native if you miss it to much?  No this is stupid, the system is fine as is.  Their WPF already takes a huge hit and since the it was scaled down it's a big difference than pre patch.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:40:14 pm by Felagunda »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 03:55:08 am »
I'm for changing the effects of weight but I don't think a hard line encumbrance is the best way to do it.  I'd prefer some sort of geometrical curve calculating weight against speed/wpf so players wouldn't be able to precisely min/max under the encumbrance threshold. 

I'm a little bias because I remember a similar system to Spa Geh Tea's being in Oblivion.  Perhaps I'm just bad at organizing things.

(1) Why not go back to native if you miss it to much?  No this is stupid, the system is fine as is. (2) Their WPF already takes a huge hit and since the it was scaled down (3) it's a big difference than pre patch.
1. absurd
2. relevant but not actually an argument
3. irrelevant

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »
Well the current system does act in that fashion, however I do not beleive it effects enough. Also I find it annoying and rediculous that head armor has the greatest effect. Basically, you can wear plate armor and no head armor and the wpf wont be effected much. However, if I ran around naked with the best head armor I'd be slower than that plate guy.....makes no sense.