Author Topic: Player customizable heirlooms  (Read 861 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Player customizable heirlooms
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »
So, you've heirloomed an item to the max but you use it so much that you still want to make it better. This is where my suggestion comes in. Why not add another heirloom to an item? And, make it player customizeable?I'll use an example.

I have a masterwork war bow. I get to level 31 again but instead of heirlooming another item you can choose to spend money ( and possibly experience) to add points to stats. Back to the war bow. I want to add points to say, arrow(shoot) speed, and thrust damage. So, to make this not incredibly OP, it would cost a lot of gold ( or xp). Maybe 10000 gold to start then doubled every point. And the catch; make it so after you create one of these items that generation you go into is your LAST generation. And lastly, the player would have his name on the weapon. So, in my case It would be Hospitaller_Havoc's masterwork war bow.

Criticize me please.

Pock gobblers

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
Re: Player customizable heirlooms
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »
Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:59:02 pm »
Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons Broken weapons

Pretty much sums it up. And as we all know, making something REALLY expensive is a very bad way to balance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »
Too hard to code name changing. Also, if you would like to make a lets say warbow heirloomable for 4th time, but with choosable stats, you need to make another amount of that weapons in item kinds. Lets say, you can upgrade warbow for 4th time for:

A) shot speed
B) dmg
C) Speed rtng

So it is: (A+B+C) *(2 stages of breaking + 1 normal weapon) = amount of items you have to create in module system.

And thats for warbow only, now multiply that amount by every weapon, and probably armors. A lot of work.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:19:08 pm »
Okay, could make it a little less complicated. Just add 4th heirloom to one item then lose access to more reitrements. And make this inaccessible to players over 20 gen or around that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:21:13 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:32:18 pm »
Na, will be OP for the hardcore players.
120 speed rating flamberge ?

But the idea is nice.But i don't mean the further hierlooming.
Let's say if you got a 3 times hierloomed warbow.The war bow will get reset to the basic stats but you will have the chance to now choose 3 times(or 6 times with lower difference) which stats you want to have improved.So you can choose if you want to improve it balanced or only damage or only speed rating etc.
Will be a nice way to adjust it to your gameplay.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 11:37:56 pm »
Or, you could do something like:

You have masterwork Warbow, and you want to make it Greater (or something else) Masterwork Warbow.

To do that, you have to heirloom another Warbow 3 times. Now you have 2 Masterwork Warbows, and at another retire you choose option "connect heirlooms" to make Greater Masterwork Warbow from 2 Masterwork Warbows. Would slow down whole process for under-10-gen people, tho. :/

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:46:57 pm »
Well, i heard you will be able to buy heirloomed items in a patch. Is that true or not?
Pock gobblers

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 05:41:48 am »
Ya man I don't think you thought this one through b/c it's a really bad idea.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:54:50 am »
It sounds interesting, and I do like the idea of custom things, but my problem is this favors Archers like me too much. I bought so many weapons to experiment with that it is insanity, yet after Gen 1 I still retired with a little over 100K in the bank. Every Gen I figure I should earn at least that amount considering I have nothing else to buy. I already bought almost every usable bow, ever armor I will ever wear, three bodkins, some useless lower arrows I never use any more, and about two dozen melee weapons I experiment with when I feel amused. I even bought siege shields and three of them to be an amusing support engineer when I am a peasant.

So once I hit the gen you suggest, I should have enough money to take my warbow and turn it into the most ... well... I would be TKed every round by angry people due to me sporting a semi-automatic nuclear missile launcher. I should have well over 1 million when I hit gen 10 or 11, and easy.

It would be nice though to come up with some way to customize a weapon, maybe put a cap on it? Say raise only one thing by two points or whatever?

I don't know, I want more fudge and snuggles... See yah! +1 rep for the interesting thought.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:56:03 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 07:54:21 pm »
Interesting thought.  It would be absolutely horrible in the execution, however.

Think about all of those ninjas out there with 500k+ gold to spend.

Now imagine all of those katanas at +150 speed +50 cut.

NOT AWESOME

Or, as stated above, a 100+ speed flamby.  horrible horrible idea.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:54 pm »
Derp, read it wrong.  Anyway cost should be much higher and you've got yourself a deal.

Anyway I find the idea interesting Havoc, specifically adding your name to it.  But it sounds like effort which unfortunately makes it seem like it's doomed to fail.  Still, personalized items would be really cool.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:44:01 pm by Kaelaen »
-idlewind