Author Topic: Performance Issues  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Mizzles

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Performance Issues
« on: May 28, 2011, 06:05:08 am »
Hey, not really sure if this goes into the bug section or not. But my problem is this. Since the patch before last I haven't been able to play because of freezes stutters and framerate issues, before this patch I was perfectly fine having none of these issues with every setting maxed. I've tried several things including a full computer format and OS reinstall, and I am getting the same framerate and freezes with the settings maxed as with them all set to low. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Performance Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:47:24 am »
Honestly I've been having the same issues. Everything at max before patch, lots of stuttering afterwards even with everything dropped to low. If anyone has any ideas...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 07:53:21 am »
Two things:

1: Delete your cRPG folder and reinstall the mod. Do NOT overwrite. This is a known issue.
2: Download the low res texture pack - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,5335.0.html
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Mizzles

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:05:22 am »
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Offline Kabookie

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kabookieson
  • Game nicks: Kabookie
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:39:22 am »
I was having similar troubles because I had overwritten files.
Was reluctant to do it but... deleting the cRPG folder and putting in the new version folder seems to have helped a lot.
Downloaded the full file for the newest cRPG version and placed it in modules. Then I just overwrote the files for the newest banner pack.
Frame freezing lag has let up a lot now!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:36:30 am »
Two things:

1: Delete your cRPG folder and reinstall the mod. Do NOT overwrite. This is a known issue.
2: Download the low res texture pack - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,5335.0.html
3. download the LOD-version of the items http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,6967.msg108405.html
4. disable the new faces in the module.ini
5. (brand new, should fix crashes with DX9, but is a lot of work:) convert ALL .ogg sounds from the module folder to .wav, and then edit the sounds.txt file with the appropiate new filename.

This should, as far as we know, fix all frame/crash related bugs. We will take care of most of this in the new patch, but that might still take some time.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:29:48 pm by chadz »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 04:14:13 pm »
3. download the LOD-version of the items http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,6967.msg108405.html
4. disable the new faces in the module.ini
5. (brand new, should fix crashes with DX9, but is a lot of work:) convert ALL .ogg sounds from the module folder to .wav, and then edit the sounds.txt file with the appropiate new filename.

This should, as far as we know, fix all frame/crash related bugs. We will take care of most of this in the new patch, but that might still take some time.

Could you explain #4 to a simple peasant such as myself? I disabled all the lines referencing faces and got an error upon start saying it couldn't load blonde hair.  :(

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:22:43 am »
can u really help with 4. and 5., lots of ppl dont know stuff like that