Author Topic: two heirloom paths for melee weps  (Read 492 times)

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
two heirloom paths for melee weps
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:00:22 pm »
  • the weapon model size is increased by 10% adding more range at a 10% cost to speed
  • vice versa (lower size for more speed)

and damage remains the same. I'm not thrilled with the current system because all the work of getting to 31 and the wep has not visibly changed. since base weapon speed/range amounts are generally higher than their damage counterparts (60-110 spd rtng/length vs 15-50 dmg) the increased values would turn out over 2x more precise. so there wont be the unfairness of a 30 piecer gaining on a 35c weapon by obtaining the same +2 bonus to damage (thanks to rounding small numbers). evidently, damage type is also ignored. pierce and blunt weapons are (i think) 15 and 30 % better than cut vs armor, so on loom id estimate 7.5 and 15 % less additional range/speed points. whenever the same wep is loomed its stats should change incrementally using its fresh out the shop stats. kthx
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:01:19 am by haxKingdom »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: two heirloom paths for melee weps
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:00:37 am »
I would only support this if absolutely every weapon had models for each new "extended reach" as opposed to just changing the stats. Already cRPG has far too many "ghost reach" weapons that have a stat larger then the actual visible model...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Re: two heirloom paths for melee weps
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 06:59:53 am »
I agree that there should be 2 heirloom paths for every weapon but i believe that the directions should simply be Heavy/deadly or balanced. That is a choice between damage and speed. Level 31 takes over 50 hours probably so it should have its perks.

And yes it would be really awesome to have different models for heir loomed weps. For instance an axe with an ornate handle or a simple engraving down the centre of a great sword that would be sick.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.