Author Topic: New Gamemode  (Read 410 times)

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
New Gamemode
« on: March 20, 2011, 12:08:14 pm »
New gamemode
Ok 1st i my english isnt that good but i try to explain my suggestion.
It consists of 2 fractions. Doesent matter what fraction.
The main thing is the map rotation. The very first time the map is more even (flat) and no fraction has got an advantage. If one side wins, the second map will lead them closer to opposite base. Therefore the second map has got a tiny advantage for the fraction which lost 1st map. For instance they start up the hill and winners start downhill.
If they lose again the 3 map will have more advantages for example the winners start in front of a castle and losers are inside and defend. Each map which leads you closer to a fractions base should look more fraction style (you know more Japanese houses for shogunates for example :D). The map rotation doesent have to be limited to 5 maps it could be more but on the other side the risk is it will be a never ending story.
At the end no one can complain about maps because it appears more logical that you cant win every map in the same way. The strategic part will make players to play as a unit (at least the players have to stay in same fraction with the exception of balancing)
My thoughts came from map complaints from all players last time.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
Re: New Gamemode
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 01:48:52 pm »
This sounds like a nice idea, but would require a hell lot of maps to be made!

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New Gamemode
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »
I forgot to explain;
If losers win the next map the server will load the previous again.

I agree toxic some guys have to build maps, but the flat map wont be the problem ;D
Maybe we could start a contest. The developers decide the 2 fractions and the modders would try to make  good maps. We need 4 new maps to start the gamemode (the flat could be a native one)
Perhaps the modders could place their name somewhere in the map to make them feel honoured :D
Even i would participate on contest but someone has to teach me how to build a map ;D