Author Topic: Overhaul (realistic approach)  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
Re: Overhaul (realistic approach)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 01:37:47 am »
Biased response.....shields useless dead weight if it can't block more then one direction on melee. Dodging arrows is easy, and does not justify the shield losing melee effects of barriers, face spamming(forces player into tight spaces and prevents them from hitting teamatez next to you), and of course line breaking(charging past enemy line with rmb to cause dissarray.

Suggest better alternative, plz. One that is balanced.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 02:42:30 am »
+1
I thought this community likes teamplay.
Ha, what? This community consists of ramboes and asocials, teamplay is nonexistant because no one gives a damn about it(I most certainly dont)

P.S. I myself am neutral towards these ideas, they have both pros and cons ofcourse, but it just does not matter since even the smallest changes take months(or never happen), what to say about an overhaul?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:01:11 am by Logen »

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 11:00:21 am »
At first this mode doesn't have classes. Thanks the chadz we can choose weapon that you desire. This calling builds.
Yes - some builds is better than other. Just because someone find good combo of skills\complementing weapons etc. It's another feature of cRPG gameplay.

At second - it's almost impossible to force people to teamplay. This is mob. This mob include 7 years old players and 40 years old griefers. Someone play warband for 3 days, someone for 5 years. Do you really think that you can «force» their teamplay? Without tactics menu, ts, compass and reference points?

If you really wanna teamplay - you need ARMA2 tools at least. Or play only Strategus battles. There you can find teamplay sometimes.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 11:49:13 am »
I agree with buffing WPP for melee, people can completely neglect it now and not suffer much if any consequence.

I think the way to promote team work is the way its done now - you want the multi you have to win the rounds. People naturally do what they thinks best to win the round, the ones who are going to use teamplay to that end will do so. Putting in big bonuses for groups of players will be far too exploitable and probably not result in "teamplay", but in people camping together for the stat bonus or even people wanting to avoid people of similar classes because they don't want a particular "malus" (-6 ath while using a pike?). I like the vague "contribute to the teams victory -> more golds and XP", it gives players a good reward and incentive to win consecutive rounds. I think its a little harsh on losing though, and I would get rid of valour and have the losing team go down to x2 or something.

One thing about the current multi system I don't like though is this anti-team play idea of wearing cheap gear on low multi's. If you want the team to win you shouldn't be encouraged to run around like a peasant, but it seems people are inclined to do that now. I wouldn't mind seeing more gold on low multi's or less frequent repairs, but some sort of other gold sinks instead. Its like people get into a mind set of waiting for their team to get them the multi, and not wanting to spend gold on repairs until then

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of extra currency besides gold that you get only through having top multi's. Like a currency you only get at x5 that allows you to unlock some cosmetic changes to your guy, or different clothing/dyes. Kind of random suggestion, just trying to think about other bonuses besides gold/xp for winning rounds.

The key to changes to games like this is small changes though and then seeing how that improves the game..sweeping overhauls are rarely a good idea in established games
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:02:15 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login