Author Topic: Matching Metal Textures Mod(?)  (Read 441 times)

Offline Thick

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Thick1988/Thief_Armand
Matching Metal Textures Mod(?)
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:30:14 am »
I've always been saddended that there are so many different shades and hues of plate metal and chain mail in this mod. But this is to be expected when so many great works of texturing have been done by different designers. I felt like it limits a picky player such as myself to work to match each piece of equipment to the rest. "Oh this helmet has dark chain mail so I can't wear the heraldic native surcoats." etc etc. And I've finally come to the point where I'd like to redo the metal shades and chain mail color schemes to match one another across the board. Although I'm unsure of which to base them all off:

Personally I like the dark chainmail from items such as the Pronoia Armor visitors can't see pics , please register or login

With the plate colorations similar to the Gothic Plate. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So the end result would be something similar to this. Items that usually would not match each other, now would blend together. (These are just rough examples, I would work hard to match them up as best I could)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:39:04 am by Thick »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan

Offline Thick

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Thick1988/Thief_Armand
Re: Matching Metal Textures Mod(?)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:56:07 am »
Good call, I had not seen that in all my time. Thanks for the link. But this only appears to be for chainmail, I was thinking of metals across the board.