Author Topic: [Strategus] SpecBot live streaming through web browser (maybe Java?)  (Read 413 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Okay, I pitched this idea in the IRC, and Espu came back saying this would be very hard to implement.

HOWEVER, I want to propose this idea in case anyone has the programming ability to pitch in for something like this.
~

I was thinking since people like RipperX and some of the Fallen blokes already record and live stream some of the Strategus battles, how about this:

Spectator Bots that are spawned in for each Strat map, at set locations, looking in a specific direction. These bots are tied to a live streaming program, which will be set for viewing on a web browser.

This way, people (like me) who are not able to log in and view the fight live will be able to flip through each of the specBots to watch the fight unfold. It'll give us an opportunity to watch the fights live, record  it (if we want to) and even make epic recounts of the Strategus battles.

This would be a great opportunity for people to see Strategus live (which will be great for publicity) and can let the clanless watch the action and make more informed decisions about whether or not they want to join a clan (less turnover rate) and find which clan suits their play style etc

Thoughts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
Re: [Strategus] SpecBot live streaming through web browser (maybe Java?)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:04 am »
I really like this idea... sucks i cant make it happen  :cry:

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
herp
visitors can't see pics , please register or login