Author Topic: Turn off Kick pollling on NA1  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Re: Turn off Kick pollling on NA1
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »
 Upon a more cool analysis of my actions i earned by ban because i tw'ed in anger instead of posting about the issue without causing a disruption on the server. I still think that a lot of the issues surrounding the ban were bullshit but i accept that i acted inappropriately and i will see you guys tomorrow. As i said i had a shitty day (week) because of personal issues and i've took my discontent about a specific admin decision on the entire server which was not the correct course of action.

I was wrong and i apologize to those who i inconvenienced with my actions.

I will be back after my ban time is over.

e: Also i understand that "I had a bad day" is no excuse for shoddy behavior, it was more an explanation than an excuse.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:06:39 pm by Ylca »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 09:07:25 pm »
Upon a more cool analysis of my actions i earned by ban because i tw'ed in anger instead of posting about the issue without causing a disruption on the server. I still think that a lot of the issues surrounding the ban were bullshit but i accept that i acted inappropriately and i will see you guys tomorrow. As i said i had a shitty day (week) because of personal issues and i've took my discontent about a specific admin decision on the entire server which was not the correct course of action.

I was wrong and i apologize to those who i inconvenienced with my actions.

I will be back after my ban time is over.

+1

Always enjoy playing with you YLCA because you have a cool attitude

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 09:43:35 pm »
its ok ylca but remember people, everyone, admins are usually doing what they think is right for the sake of the server not to grief or pick on people and i don't think this situation was any different.  if you don't break rules you won't be getting banned.  if you are breaking rules and get banned.. who's fault is that?

also people usually get shorter ban times if they just apologize and are usually good players, like ylca here.  so sometimes the best course of action is to just say sorry in a PM or post, instead of raging!  advice to all

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »
I know that this has already been resolved, and I'm not saying that this particular instance is wrong or right, but I have seen Tydeus use his personal feelings towards certain people get in the way from administrating to the correct degree more often than not. He abuses quite a bit I must say, now when I say that I mean he has regularly abused admin rights 4-5 months ago. IMHO probably the worst admin in any game that I have ever played religously; but anyways, like I said; problem solved. I wish I would have used the screenshot feature back then.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Jeff Russell

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kill_the_White_Devil
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 10:03:39 pm »
its ok ylca but remember people, everyone, admins are usually doing what they think is right for the sake of the server not to grief or pick on people

Usually.  :rolleyes:

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »
I know that this has already been resolved, and I'm not saying that this particular instance is wrong or right, but I have seen Tydeus use his personal feelings towards certain people get in the way from administrating to the correct degree more often than not. He abuses quite a bit I must say, now when I say that I mean he has regularly abused admin rights 4-5 months ago. IMHO probably the worst admin in any game that I have ever played religously; but anyways, like I said; problem solved. I wish I would have used the screenshot feature back then.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but I actually think Tydeus is one of the better NA admins. And for the record i am not in/affiliated with DFC/gg in any way, and infact have had my differences with him outside of his admining decisions.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 12:40:49 am »
Please take discussion about a particular admin's behavior to the appropriate thread in the admin feedback forum found here.

Since the discussion of the issue at hand has seemingly run its course I'm locking the thread.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 03:09:29 am »
When I said I set the ban back to 24 hours, I didn't, I left it at 12 hours. Which means the ban should have run its course... or at least it's nearing the end.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character