Author Topic: [closed]  (Read 236 times)

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
[closed]
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:20:22 pm »
+1
Bah.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:08:14 pm by Xolvern »
boop

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: Market Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »
This system favors the buyer, unlike our current system, which favors the seller.

As a buyer, you simply make bids (perhaps limited to x bids per ten minute period in order to prevent spamming) based on what you would be willing to pay (or based on what you think the sellers might be listing for), instead of just taking the lowest offer because it seems like a good deal compared to the rest.
Indeed our current system favoring seller is likely one of the largest reasons for inflation right now but I'm not positive this system would alleviate our current price problems. Because everyone knows what looms currently sell for what, if you implement a blind system, where one cannot see other people's prices everyone is likely going to just put the price they had before. Overtime it might work, but I think it would be pretty slow moving.

Without limiting the player's bids to x amount per t time, you'd just have people spamming bids trying to buy up all the cheapest items. Still, I think I'd go even farther than 1 per 10 minutes and say you can only bid on a single item x times per hour and only so many different items per hour.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
Re: Market Overhaul
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 05:02:42 pm »
To be honest, I think it's kind of too late to implement a new market system, even though I made the proposal.  Looking at it again, I think the population using the market would actually be too small to handle a system like this.  It would probably just frustrate people.  On that note, I think I'm going to close this thread and pretend it never happened.
boop