Author Topic: Frank's brilliant totaly not just a stolen and fixed idea.  (Read 501 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Frank's brilliant totaly not just a stolen and fixed idea.
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:44:26 am »
+4
Right, sit down. Now shut up. That's it, its all I've got so far. Come back later on and check to see if I have expanded on it.

----------
Some time later.
----------

Right so after much not careful consideration my brain has *fizzing noise*

----------
Some time later.
----------

Come to this brilliant

----------
Some time later.
----------

Conclusion!

Recruiting and crafting of trade goods should be boosted by playing c-rpg. This is a bonus to both big and small clans. Many people claim that the large clans have huge swaths of "bot/drone" alts and that is what gives them such a huge advantage.

A spanner can be thrown in the proverbial works. By giving a bonus to playing c-rpg for crafting trade goods and recruiting the "armies" of drones will loose there edge. If me playing for 3 hours a day gives me a +5-10 for crafting trade goods for say a 12 hour window then the unless you have at least 5 drones I have sunk your advantage.

Now obviously the person with the drones will be playing as well, but the impact of the drones will be reduced, substantially (if the ranting and bleeting is to be believed).

So ho...
----------
Some time later.
----------
will it work?

Simple!  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

For every x3/4/5 tick you get you boost you crafting output.

The boost is a caped boost for the next tick. Lets arbitrarily make it 10 for the time being. So I play and during my session I get 45 x3/4/5 ticks. That means that for the next crafting/recruiting tick I can pump out 10 goods, then 10/10/10/5. There should be a maximum boost, say 120 so that means if you have a really awesome session you will get a boost for the next 12 hours.

I imagine one of the results of this would be seeing a clan show up in force for hours as they prep for an upcoming war/battle which could be funny to see, this conspicuous specter trashing the server with 30 odd player banging away like a 100 no light addled Chinese eve slaves.

My hope is that it would give people more to do by making each player more powerful, capable and independent. I'm also hoping it would be easy to implement *cross fingers*.

Also credit where credits due, this is an old idea that I have changes... slightly.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:58:54 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
Re: Frank's brilliant totaly not just a stolen and fixed idea.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:16:20 am »
Inactive players in CRPG shouldnt produce anything in Strategus.
It´s the only solution to those prodderbots.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:03:26 am »
Great idea, i would love if this is implemented, just doesnt make sense that someone can make a character, play cRPG for 5 mins or so, then never play again, but still be on strat producing as much as someone who plays for like 3 hours a day. While sure, they wont ever get the message to craft armor, but when you have like a 60-70 man faction thats not really gonna be an issue. Not to mention, it would allow a say, 30-40 man active clan with a decent, medium range trade route compete with a giant 80-100 player faction with great trade routes, but with hardly any activity. Now of course, if there is a giant active faction, it just benefits them more, but, imo, thats how it should be.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:39:45 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:12 am »
I do agree, but I think that using your crafting skill should remain the same given that the bots can't use it anyway. The reason I say this is because a number of Aussie players still play strat even though our server is dead, and I'm one of the few players that plays on NA with my shit horrible ping. So if you had to play to gain every kind of tick that would knock them out of the game, it could also totally blow production out and would completely change the way the ATHW system functions.

For instance if I could gain a multiplier for crafting then I could produce huge volumes crap incredibly quickly. For instance 93 skill in +3 Arbs with a +5 for a tick... That is a shit load of arbs. You could send your weapon and Armour crafting into over drive. So I don't think it would work unless you completely change the way ATHW works, perhaps make it just a % discount with a max discount of 90% or something crazy like that...
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(