Author Topic: Another strat idea (I think)  (Read 574 times)

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
Another strat idea (I think)
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »
I don't want to go through every thread, So this may have already been suggested. This is in regards to flag camping, Is it possible to allow the spawn location to be with in say 10-15m of each flag, We have all seen it, Everyone spawning to an over head death squad on the last remaining flag, with the spawn location being dynamic to an area around the flag it would give the side a chance to regroup and fight back. Far to many times you see hundreds of tickets being lost with no chance due to everyone spawning in the same exact position.

Anywho, Just an idea that was most likely already suggested, But if not.. :)

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Another strat idea (I think)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:01 am »
Interesting idea.

Here are some weird points:

- Fighting around your flags would be dangerous, as a teammate can literally pop up right under your swing.

- This would make it quite easy to disable flags, as a steady stream of players is not spawning directly on top of it.

All in all I do agree, spawn camping/spawn "rape" is kind of a lame situation that we're all guilty of at times.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
Re: Another strat idea (I think)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:44:37 am »
- Fighting around your flags would be dangerous, as a teammate can literally pop up right under your swing.  -The only reason you would be swinging and possible hitting a team mate near the flag would be if the enemy is on or near your flag, in which case I think it would be better as defenders to spawn in random area's near the flag then to be getting spawn raped

- This would make it quite easy to disable flags, as a steady stream of players is not spawning directly on top of it.  -It would be easier to cap the flags yes, But at the same time if defenders still have gear they will be able to spawn and at least try and fight to get the flag back up. This way if the defenders have no gear left, then chances are there done for anyway, but If they have  gear it would be a lot easier to get back into the fight and retake the flag then the current system.

I'm sure there will have to be some tweaks.. But really do think it would be an advantage to have something in place to stop the current "last flag rape'athon." There is nothing more frustrating to have lots of gear and troops, but not able to do anything as there may be 20 guys with a steady overhead on 1 remaining flag.