Author Topic: Secondary Mode Questions  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Secondary Mode Questions
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:36:40 am »
1)  I guess my first question is, can Bastard Swords be used as both 1-handed & 2-handed weapons on this mod?  I'm almost certain that's a yes, but need to clear it up for question 2.

2)  When switching between 1-handed & 2-handed mode... does it use 1-handed Weapon Prof for 1-handed mode and then use 2-handed Weap Prof when using it as a 2-handed weapon?  If not, how does this work?

3)  Basically the same question about certain polearms that can also be used as 2-handed weapons.  I'm thinking of getting the Vougle, but need to know how the Weapon Proficiency works for weapons with Secondary Mode.  I also like the look of the expensive poleaxes (under polearms).  I'd like to be able to swing them (especially overhead).  So do I need points in Polearms or 2-Handed?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary Mode Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 10:01:37 am »
1) Yes, as 1h with shield and 2h without it.

2) Yes.

3) Secondary mode doesn't always mean that it is used as a different type of weapon. For poleaxes secondary mode just means that they are turned around and deal blunt damage instead.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:00:24 pm »
Ok, thanks!  One last set of questions.

4)  Now what about the Voulge... it can be switched between a polearm and 2-handed weapon, correct?

5)  And I take it, it works the same as a Bastard Sword when it comes to Weapon Proficiencey?

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »
Ok, thanks!  One last set of questions.

4)  Now what about the Voulge... it can be switched between a polearm and 2-handed weapon, correct?

5)  And I take it, it works the same as a Bastard Sword when it comes to Weapon Proficiencey?

4) Nope, 2h weapon only. You can't switch certain weapons between 2h and polearms as you can in native.

5) 2h/1h weapons can't be switched by pressing a button. They use 1h wpf when used with a shield and 2h wpf when used without one. 1h/2h weapons however, can be switched to 2h mode from 1h by pressing x. They use the proficiency of the mode they're in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:55 pm »
4) Nope, 2h weapon only.

Then why is the Voulge listed as a polearm in the shop?  That's what's confusing me.  I like weapons like the Voulge, Bardiches, and the Great Long Axe... but not sure if I need 2-hand or polearm wpf.

And thanks for the info!

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »
2nd mode on polearms is different dmg type. if its in the polearms section.... its a polearm and uses the wpf...
How i get kills...

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:31:51 pm »
Then why is the Voulge listed as a polearm in the shop?  That's what's confusing me.  I like weapons like the Voulge, Bardiches, and the Great Long Axe... but not sure if I need 2-hand or polearm wpf.

And thanks for the info!

Just check the animations ingame. Polearmanimations: polearm wpf (exception being the flameberge), 2h animations: 2h wpf and 1h animations: 1h wpf
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:37:47 pm by Spawny »

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »
Just check the animations ingame. Polearmanimations: polearm wpf (exception being the flameberge), 2h animations: 2h wpf and 1h animations: 1h wpf
Flamberge isn't the only exception. Shortened Military Scythe has a polearm stab.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 11:29:23 pm »
and langes messer as well, in two handed form. I think langes messer is the only weapon which you can have the taste of all 3 melee weapon types.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 05:27:37 am »
Thanks for the info guys!  Much appreciated!

Got what I need, locking topic.