Author Topic: Blocking Tips?  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
Re: Blocking Tips?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 02:02:02 pm »
just go to nditions duel server (native) and start by the trainer (only blocking). when the easy trainer is too low for you , go ahead to the next one till you end with the champion fighter (spammer ai with insane attack speed) , don't try it , just duel some player with medium skill then try the better ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:59 pm »
And then you'll be ready to take on King Harlaus from Swadian duel server.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 02:13:45 pm »
My tip is to play with light equipment. If you die by one hit you are forced to block better if you want to stay alive. Sometimes it's frustrating when you hit an enemy 5 times and he kills you with one lucky hit, but at least you can say to yourself that you would have won the fight, if he had the same gear. :D

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:40 pm »
My tip is to play with light equipment. If you die by one hit you are forced to block better if you want to stay alive. Sometimes it's frustrating when you hit an enemy 5 times and he kills you with one lucky hit, but at least you can say to yourself that you would have won the fight, if he had the same gear. :D

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I actually think it's much better for a beginner to play as a strength/plate crutcher first as they are very forgiving.  A beginner is going to make a bunch of blocking mistakes, and the only way to learn is to play, not die in the first few seconds of every round  :wink:

As someone else said you might be able to get away with not blocking for awhile but eventually you'll learn the need to block, plus you'll have a lot more opportunities to practice it when people will need to hit you 5+ times to kill you instead of 1 or 2.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 917
  • Infamy: 1335
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 05:53:25 pm »
Good video, I remember watching that in awe when I first started playing.

Me too. I never thought I would be able to do that.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 09:12:38 pm »
And then you'll be ready to take on King Harlaus from Swadian duel server.

lol that bot remembers me gnjus with 400 wpf :P

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I actually think it's much better for a beginner to play as a strength/plate crutcher first as they are very forgiving.  A beginner is going to make a bunch of blocking mistakes, and the only way to learn is to play, not die in the first few seconds of every round  :wink:

As someone else said you might be able to get away with not blocking for awhile but eventually you'll learn the need to block, plus you'll have a lot more opportunities to practice it when people will need to hit you 5+ times to kill you instead of 1 or 2.
Okay, that's true. But if your blocking skills are at an average level this is a good practise to become better imo. Also I'm only talking about siege (team deathmatch/respawn), in battle it's better to wear atleast medium armor, just for all the ranged.
Battle isn't good for blocking practise at all. Most of the time it's ganging, backstabbing and clusterfuck, situations where blocking isn't really needed.