Author Topic: IPY 2.0 Ultima Online Revisited  (Read 6107 times)

Offline burakx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • HAIL !!!! and KILL!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Holy_Diver
Re: IPY 2.0 Ultima Online Revisited
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 01:47:52 pm »
Ah so I finally managed to connect to IPY and play some and am fairly confused, and the IPY wiki is quite lacking. Anyone have any links to UO classic begginer/noob guides so I won't be confused so much?

Ty

http://uo.stratics.com/
this one must be for runuo and sphere
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »
you need UO automap to get around.

http://www.uoam.net

Ummm also in order to get in your bank you type "bank".  In order to sell you type Vendor Sell.  In order to buy you type Vendor Buy.  Say Guards if someone is stealing or attacking you in town.  If you single left click on some of the npcs they also give you commands.  You want to use Razor pretty much for everything as far as setting skills up and down and hot keys. 

You can only have 225 base stats with a max of 100 which are STR, DEX, and INT.  100 STR is a must since that gives you HP.  DEX if you wanna be melee, INT if you wanna be a caster.
To raise STR:  Macro Armslore on a weapon, Get a herding stick and macro herding at the farm, attack shit with a weapon.
To raise DEX:  Double click someone elses bag to Snoop them,  Macro hiding, play a musical instrument to raise musicmanship which is a barding skil checkl for peacemaking(stuns mobs), provocation(makes mobs attack eachother) and discordance(pretty much useless).  All these raise dex though.
To raise INT:  Macro Spirit Speak, macro Evaluate Intelligence on someone, use magery to kill stuff.

You can have 700 skill points with a max of 100 in a single skill.  Click your skills tab in Razor to see what skills you have.  Keep in mind the "Base" is your actual amount of skill.  One character can not do "everything" well.  So it is common to have a character devoted to a tradeskill or two and one devoted to pvp.  You are allowed three accounts per IP and you are allowed to multibox.  5 character per account BTW.

Also turn off the annoying music unless you installed the old school music pack located here.  http://inporylem.com/forum/showthread.php?4174-Official-IPY-Music-Restoration-Project-%28UO-s-real-soundtrack%29

Love the old music it really takes me back.

If you have any questions I will answer them here.  I just hang out in moonglow afk fishing all day for the most part since I work so often.

Thanks for the well written answer. I'm planning on building a crafting/resource gathering char - blacksmith to be exact, I just picked out the premade template.
I figured out how to buy/sell and craft pretty much. Ill get that UO automap.
Also a few more questions:
Is there a mine cave near Britain where I can mine iron?
I'm not sure I get how you obtain skill points... I opened up my skill window and there I see a blue number, shows around 300 atm. Not sure what that number is for. I see my BS is at 53 currently. Is that 300 number some sort of total skill point sum? Or is it something else (NO, THIS... IS...)?
Also do you gain skill points when you do something (eg craft, kill) in real time or are they acquired somehow else? Also when acquired, do you need to allocate them (like cRPG and some other RPGS) to lets say blacksmith, or do I get blacksmith skillpoint ups automatically when I use blacksmithing (when I craft)?

Thanks for all the answers and I apologize for my extreme lack of knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:28:36 pm by Vibe »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »
You gain skillpoints as you use the exact skill, the lower your skill the easier it is to gain, apart from when the skill is like 10 or less because it fails alot and thus less gains. Certain things are difficulty based too, I'm pretty sure crafting would act the same way, i.e you have to craft more difficult things as your skill gets higher to continue getting reliable gains. Also once a skill reaches 60, it activates a ' skill fatigue' system, which basically allows you to only gain so much in a skill each day, it tells you when the skill is exhausted.

You might find stuff on the forum that people have written about their own experiences so far with the crafting skills. To mine ore you are better off going to Minoc as there is a big mine there right next to the city, there isn't any mining caves near Britain. It's probably the most newb friendly mining area anyway, not sure what king has taken over minoc and what he has set the laws on but I assume it would be safe.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 05:32:18 pm »
Jesus im ashamed at how many problems this game is giving me...

I'm typing "I wish to become a citizen" but nothing pops up.. im in city limits.
Also the client crashes pretty much everytime I switch to another window...

This is producing much anger inside of me.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 05:38:09 pm »
I never had a problem with the citizen thing and I haven't crashed in many days, not sure what could be causing it for you really. You are playing in windowed mode right?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »
I never had a problem with the citizen thing and I haven't crashed in many days, not sure what could be causing it for you really. You are playing in windowed mode right?

Yep. I figured it doesn't work well with the UO automap. If I turn off UO automap the client starts responding again.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »
Yep. I figured it doesn't work well with the UO automap. If I turn off UO automap the client starts responding again.

http://inporylem.com/codex/index.php?title=Installation  when using uo automap make sure you do what they say in this

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 07:44:34 pm »
http://inporylem.com/codex/index.php?title=Installation  when using uo automap make sure you do what they say in this

I see! Will try.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 05:17:04 am »
I started playing as Aldryk Morgens. Working on raising my fencing currently. ^_^

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 02:01:47 pm »
some patch notes

March 17, 2011blah
by Seneschal
Created page with "'''Boats'''<br> 1. Ghosts cannot control a boat unless there are no live players aboard.<br> 2. Player with the key can override all other player commands for 15 seconds.<br> 3. ..."

New page

'''Boats'''<br>
1. Ghosts cannot control a boat unless there are no live players aboard.<br>
2. Player with the key can override all other player commands for 15 seconds.<br>
3. Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes cannot be summoned on ships anymore.<br>
4. Players may drydock a boat with ghosts onboard. Ghosts will be pulled to the player drydocking. This combined with #2 can provide for safe docking if you are quick.<br><br>

'''Militia based Factions'''<br>
1. O/C has been replaced with an added emphasis on Militias.<br>
2. The largest three (active citizen count) towns will assume an alliance leadership position.<br>
3. Alliance leaders are all at war with one another.<br>
4. All other towns may send an alliance request to one of the three alliances.<br>
5. The Alliance leader may approve or deny the request, as well as eject current allies from the alliance.<br><br>

King's can view the alliance menu by double clicking on any militia stone, or visiting the King's Stone:<br>
[[File:March17-1.png]]

Kings of the non major towns can either be independent, or request to ally with one of the three major militias.<br>
[[File:Joinalliance.PNG]]

After a town requests to ally with one of the primary militias, the King of the alliance-leading town has the option to approve or deny the alliance request.<br>
[[File:confirmalliance.PNG]]

Finally, all citizens / militia members are able to view the existing alliances by double clicking on the militia stone in any town.
[[File:existingalliances.PNG]]

Allies will flag innocent (blue) to prevent griefing still. Enemies will flag orange.

'''Skill gain'''<br>
1. Dungeon provides an additional 25% natural skillgain bonus. <br>
2. Town square bonuses doubled.<br><br>

'''Buccaneer's Battleground'''<br>
1. Ghosts can no longer contest the control of Buccaneer's Bay.<br>
2. Cannoneers should not attack their own guildmates (rare, but nasty!)<br><br>

'''Miscellaneous'''<br>
1. Paladin notoriety exploit / bug fix.<br>
2. Slayer group fixes for Hythloth and Deceit (balron damnation, etc).<br>

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.