Author Topic: Hide Equip  (Read 417 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Hide Equip
« on: March 09, 2012, 03:58:26 am »
+3
It is a simple idea however I do not know if it was possible. It is also more a minor and not that important solution for something I do not like.

It is about hiding (locking) certain equip available for the ingame equip menu. I currently have around 9 or 10 pieces of armor and since a certain amount (I think 8 or 9) the icons of those armors get more tiny. We all know it from Strategus where with too many different equip it is getting hard to choose the equip you want. That is why I suggest to lock certain equip pieces in the inventory.

I mean a function to "lock" certain equip pieces in the crpg inventory on the character page. If I lock an item it doesnt show up ingame anymore and I cannot use it ingame until I unlock it again. This will make it possible to have a lot of different equip in my inventory without having a hard time to find one I want to use ingame. It could also be useful if I want to play with less expensive gear to lock the heavy one and dont even think about using it.

I know that it also sounds a bit useless, exaggerated to probably use time to code something for this, however this came up to my mind and I liked the idea as I use a lot of different gear very often. Currently I just sell old stuff and buy new stuff.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:00:10 am by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: Hide Equip
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:46:40 pm »
just dont buy too much equip and u wont have the prob
and if u use many differents armors and u lock them where is the sense?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:00:33 pm »
Well, I bought equip for all my builds so that is usually 3 kind of different equipments and I use 3 different builds so 9 armor chests, like 5 helmets, 4 gauntlets and 5 boots and a lot of weapons.

If I could lock certain items I do not use anyway, that would be a great option. I sometimes tend to go plate even if I was an archer. Sadly that happened more than once to me.

It is surely just a minor issue and I stated it in the OP, however I would love this. =D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:41:29 pm »
now there is a sense ^^ ok soo if there wont be any penalty
so u just can lock some items if it would be like that it would be ok
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 01:22:06 am »
+1
Could add the filter to the website that will effect what data is sent in game, that way you kill 2 birds with one stone. Just allow people to save groups of armor/weapons. Have checkboxes for each build made(and the standard all option from which the builds have to be orignally made), and that is what is sent to the server. If you have as many items as you say, unlocking and relocking all the items you don't want to see would take a major overhaul each build, and probably considerable time. If you just pick and save from the all items menu, it would be much quicker. Undoing one would be as simple as clicking delete or de-selecting it.

Also to add this you can just put a checkbox on each piece of gear in the main chest, and a save/add button up top. Save would ask you for whatever you wish to name the set. Add would obviously add the items to current builds. Then put the check boxes for which gear will be shown right next to where you save the default loadout of the character.