More then Awesome
31 (54.4%)
Really awesome
4 (7%)
Super awesome
1 (1.8%)
Cool and awesome
5 (8.8%)
chadz is awesome (and roman armours too)
16 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: March 12, 2011, 03:54:35 am

Author Topic: Roman armours?  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Roman armours?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:15:39 pm »
Hana arnt you witty
If I find or make the 6 armors and shield it will be implemented. So that's what ill do.
other roman clans should try too.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:17:22 pm by Centurion »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 06:49:36 pm »
roman armours, then chewbacca armour then light sabres, laser guns, and then magic...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »
The primary deciding factor I use to pick games I play is realism.   And yet I approve of roman equipment.  As the best comment said there is already time gaps between armors existing in the fake land of calradia.

If you really are for this Idea I suggest going into the taleworlds forums. Buried in there is someone who made lots of roman equipment and modeled it for this game and has it ready to add.

Also I think (think)  that I remember chadz saying if someone gives him the models he will add it.
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 07:30:32 pm »
Yep, what Kharn said, as long as you have the models. Much like what happened with the new one handed swords and the Bill hook/ Swiss halberd.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 03:42:12 am »
Yeah true, but the problem is that the majority (read as all but 1%) of medieval armor looks stupid or boring or both. 

*pictures*

etc

Just throwing it out there that the King Arthur armour is completely anachronistic.  I watched the movie in a room full of medieval history scholars and it was received as a comedy - especially Keira Knightley's accent. 

EDIT:  They still look cool though and I'd love to see them added, just not labelled Roman armours.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:38 pm »
Just throwing it out there that the King Arthur armour is completely anachronistic.  I watched the movie in a room full of medieval history scholars and it was received as a comedy - especially Keira Knightley's accent. 

EDIT:  They still look cool though and I'd love to see them added, just not labelled Roman armours.

The whole idea was style, not historical accuracy.  Historically most crap had no style, which is boring, which is why in entertainment things are spiced up so they're not as boring.  This doesn't mean going completely into the realm of fantasy/anime, but a general stylistic sensibility.

I watched the movie in a room full of medieval history scholars and it was received as a comedy 
I understand why, however I think it's rather comedic that a bunch of history scholars watched an action movie expecting anything more than an entertaining action movie.   :mrgreen:
I mean, you don't watch the history channel's medieval special for great acting and action sequences do you?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »
I understand why, however I think it's rather comedic that a bunch of history scholars watched an action movie expecting anything more than an entertaining action movie.   :mrgreen:
I mean, you don't watch the history channel's medieval special for great acting and action sequences do you?

Oh they knew what they were getting into.  It was while I was taking a course on Celtic Mythology and we watched the movie as part of our "Celtic myth in modern society" unit.  The prof did it on the class' suggestion and made a movie night of it, where people could bring popcorn and shout at the movie.  My preference was to watch some Stargate episodes but I got overruled by Clive Owen fans/women.  Turns out, though, that there's actually been a fair bit of scholarship about the movie that's pretty interesting and accessible.  Most of it is analyzing the movie from a cultural perspective, though, not as a historical piece.