Author Topic: Ideas for NA map rotation  (Read 982 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ideas for NA map rotation
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:58:40 pm »
+1
Just seems like so many maps are not fun in general and just suck.  Also the fact that there are like 70 maps or more in the current NA rotation also sucks!  There are so many terrible maps that just screw you over if you cav too.  A good map should be playable by all char.  It's think it's pretty crappy when you spend 6 points on a skill and a ton of money on a good horse then you contanstly play maps that you can't even ride on or really shouldn't try.  Not mention players that hierloom horses and cav weapons.  A few that just need to be deleted imo are the map with the sewer and the helms deep cave map.

Now before all the throwers, xbowers, and archers get angry let me suggest something or people that just like anti cav maps.  I don't understand why we can't just put these maps on only one of the NA servers.  Many of you guys probably don't even know me I have been away for about 4 months and only just recently came back.  But correct me if I am wrong but didn't the NA servers used to have different maps.  Like they only shared 1/2 of maybe 2/3 of the same maps.  Maybe we could do this again?

Having said that i still feel that many of the maps just need to go like the huge ones.  The forest one with snow man you get thick fog on that and you can't even find people you get lost and the round draws or goes to flag mode.  The church map also retardedly big and piontless map not really fun either imo.  The real problem with this huge maps, the open ones, is that when you get the fog it just gets stupid!  Whole teams walk around trying to find each other for like 2-3 min i've seen it lol a few times.  20 people get lost in the woods.

Anyway I know there is already a post about this and im gonna try and find it repost this here.  But please can we at least consider cutting a few maps and also making a map varriety from the 80 man and 100 man?  I would also add that many of these village maps have been in the roation too long.

Say we have 72 maps now right (not sure about this but it's close) well cut 12 ones that the community can vote to be gone forever!   Then take like the 15 most popular maps that people can vote on these maps will be played on both NA servers.  That would leave about 45 maps left divide them by 2 put some on the 80 man and some on the 100 man.

Another suggestion make different map roations that could be changed weekly.

What does everyone think?  I welcome all suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:04:54 am by Felagunda »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: Ideas for NA map rotation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:02:21 am »
In the map selection, there are blank 55,56,57 ad infinitum with no descriptions what so ever or pictures to show you what map it is
Just a soldier

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:12 am »
I do understand the problem with identify maps.  And it definatly makes things harder this harder to do.  The thing is the longer we just keep adding maps without removing some or doing different maps on the 2 different NA servers is only gonna get worse.

I am totally willing to go through all the maps and take aerial photos and ID # / name and a short description just just for voting purposes.  If it ever happened the voting idea that is there could be a sticky thread were people could go and vote on the maps they like and don't like.  It would take some time but i think it'd be worth it.  The general community should be able to have some say in which maps they play imo.  But of course i'm not gonna do anything of the sort if this idea is just shot down or w/e.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:28:26 am »
You need to talk to Airenth. He and Kong Ming are in charge of the maps getting put on the NA servers(80, 100). I'm not sure what access Kong Ming has but based on the posts in that forum, the plan was to have some sort of voting to clear out some maps. And I know Aireth is super busy. I've also asked why we don't get this voting on the way so things can clear out a bit. No idea when this is gonna happen.

There is a map making subforum here that is apparently invisible to everyone except those that make maps. There's also a thread there listing a lot of the newer maps in  the rotation with pics. And the makers of the maps so you can give your feedback.  And feedback is not "its gay" or "it sucks". Give reasons.

Regarding the names, I have no clue why they all come up as Blank. Its very annoying.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:00:38 am »
Imo, from the times I played on NA servers (back when we didn't have the current gold/xp system), the NA maps seemed like counterstrike-ish clusterfucks rather then maps you'd expect for a battle.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 03:06:20 am »
There is a forum for this.... you know....

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:05:31 am »
I'd make a better post but a lot of this is covered in the scene editing section of the forums, which is open to the public. Anyways, the reason all maps are called Blank_25 or whatever, is because the game server does not send the map name (the string) to players downloading the map, only the .sco file and the according terrain string. Until TaleWorlds makes a new update for Mount & Blade: Warband, there won't be proper names. I'd put the proper strings.txt up that's on the server, but only a select few would see it.
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Offline Rev_zaffa

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:08:04 am »
Mounts are for battle, not sieges.  :wink:
Good siege maps should prioritize melee combat above all else. Fuck archery.

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
Smaller maps with less buildings
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 11:22:18 am »
Considering that rpg has a lot more reasons to lag, it would be best to keep the rpg maps simple, too much decorations and extra stuff only slows down the game and creates massive lag. 

The standard maps are great, such as the steppe, plains, and ruins.  If the rpg maps were made on the same principles, then things would go smoothly with less lag.  Thanks!
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!