Author Topic: Development Question  (Read 461 times)

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
Development Question
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »
I was just curious how much longer this mod is planning on being updated and refined? I say that because I know War of the Roses is comming and I'm not sure if plans are being made to convert or whatever may happen. I hear a lot of buzz in-game about it as well. I really like this mod and would like to become a little more active in helping, but I was going to make sure I dont start now to find out support is going to be pulled in 6 months or whatever the case may be. If it is planning on being updated, will it just be tweaked or are new systems for things like strategus etc going to be implemented? Possibly a new website UI? Once again just curious so I can limit the ambition of my suggestions based on the level up support forecasted. I certainly plan to make some good geographically sound and balanced maps.

Also just an idea, but have you guys considered some level of marketing? There are plenty of free ways to do it and I think expanding the population could only benefit everyone, and potential donations for the hard work you guys have done. I personally have trouble getting people to buy M&B but once they do most have liked it, especially PvPers. That being said you pretty much have a target audience. Anyways if you just want to PM me or respond here, I'd appreciate it.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Development Question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »
+8
WoR is an entirely different game and won't support modding anyway when it comes out (they said they might add it later). If M&B 2 comes out we will most likely try to port the mod. And until then we will just continue updating, tweaking and adding new stuff.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »
What Harald said.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 12:39:13 am »
WoR is an entirely different game and won't support modding anyway when it comes out (they said they might add it later). If M&B 2 comes out we will most likely try to port the mod. And until then we will just continue updating, tweaking and adding new stuff.

Horses mouth says Modding tools are a priority and will be one of the first DLC packs to come out. ALSO! Horses mouth, they have liked playing c-rpg.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(