Author Topic: Ryse: The upcoming WTF game .  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Ryse: The upcoming WTF game .
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 10:40:15 pm »
Kinect can also detect the movement of your feet, so moving in such a game isnt really farfetched at all.

Go see the game rise of nightmare for kinect and see the many complaints of the bad controls it had thanks to the kinect losing the positioning of your hands/feet.

I'm not saying it can't be done but the kinect is not the way to do it.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 10:46:52 pm »
Of course it´s the way to do it.

Kinect is the first time ever this kind of technology is produced for a mass market in relativley cheap.

It will drastically improve in the next few years.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1004
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:55 pm »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »
Only thing the wii can't do near the kinect is the movement with your feet as it has an analog to move (Which is better imo) with the wii joystick and nunchuck attached you can dual wield as seen in boxing games and other games like red steel where you use a katana and gun while fighting.

In dead space for the wii unlike red steel you swing with the nunchuck which I found weird as I didn't know the nunchuck had motion too.

The kinect is cool and all but honestly with the wii I can sit far away not infront of the screen, near my pc and having no problems fighting (Although I risked hitting stuff from sitting near the pc). I was actually impressed as I thought I would have to stand infront of my tv to have a good connection with the joystick.

To each their own I guess.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »
Enhance, bro.

Imagine how cool it will be to stand in front of your TV in a few years, fully able to move your character ingame like you do with yourself in real life.

And that with a game like Warband or something, only in much better graphics and such.

Or battlefield 4 or something, just like that.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »
I won't deny it, it would be cool but only when they start doing virtual reality games I would jump into the mix. (I'm not really up on moving like an idiot infront of a screen.)

I saw that skyrim video long ago but I would feel embarrassed shouting the dragon shouts or the other commands infront of other people/family :P

For a game like battlefield having a gun in your hand as joystick is needed so I can do it now with the wii (I got the gun).

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 11:16:20 pm »
Well there was a New GRAW Trailer some timje ago where they did Third person shooting with the kinect, no gun or so needed.It was pretty shitty, but it worked.

We are living in a renaissance of Videogames, they constantly change, and with some luck, Developers will follow the Virtual reality rail farther down the road.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 11:42:26 pm »
There are three main problems from my point of view with "casual" hardware being adapted to more classical games :

- the awful lack of accuracy. Even the ps move, which is the most accurate of them, isn't accurate at all compared to a joypad/keyboard-mouse combo
- at the same time, very poor reaction times (and I don't understand why)
- you can't play very long when the game needs you to do repetitive movements, as your muscles tend to block and even hurt if you go too far.

Don't get me wrong, there are very good games for gamers on the wii etc. Like this one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWDIowpHc7A&feature=related

But the gameplay isn't based on the special controls, it's merely a question of using them properly.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 12:19:30 am »
Dance dance revolution + wii and numchuk controller + mount and blade =??????mount and blade 2??????
Pock gobblers

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 03:58:01 am »
was interested until I saw it was for kinect. its not a question of money i've tried kinect its a gimmick that barely works, will never be good for proper video games.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 12:06:07 pm »
What I don't like of kinect is that you don't have anything you can hold unlike the wii.

Take for example red steel 2 when you fight you can move anywere you want, dodge, change targets and also block, it was open (You could go back through levels/rooms till a certain point) not locked and this is a game for the wii which has comparable graphics of the ps2. In red steel I had the wii as a sword not swinging my hand in the air, same for an fps game I have a gun and aim myself not swing my hands in the air to shoot.

Kinect has the possibility on having games with great graphics but while this is nice, you need to remember that in these games your character has something in his hand (Unless it's a boxing game) so why shouldn't you the one playing him have something in your hand as "weapon"?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:07:09 pm by Vexus »