Author Topic: Ban request: 451_CATS  (Read 655 times)

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
Ban request: 451_CATS
« on: February 23, 2012, 04:52:58 pm »
I was just in the battle server and i guess 451_CATS thought it would be fun to tk me at the end of the round. I know the end of the round doesn't matter to some but I try to keep a good k:d ratio and I know it matters to alot of others too. They say this person is an admin over on the community servers so they should know that intentional tw/tking is a pretty lame thing to do.

The round had just ended, ~7-8 of us were looking for the last player on the opposing team (a mounted crossbowman). After that player died, 451_CATS waited a bit and tked me at the very last second. I took a screenshot right away and this is what it shows;

(click to show/hide)

As you can see, the round did not just end, it was already moving over to a new round (new round timer, player count, our team back at spawn, and if you look closely at the far end; the opposing team back at their spawn). I got killed so close to the next round, that it had been several seconds since the death of the crossbowman. He may come in and scream "equip screen" but the arrow would have flown alot sooner, not to mention he was closer to the enemy player, so he had to turn around to deliberately tk me.

Please show that players can not just try to down their teammates when the round is over.

edit: It's really hard to report tk's like this, you don't have very long to take a screenshot and its very easy for these tk'ers to feint innocence. I have a suspicion that cats waited that long to try and minimize his chances of being caught

Thanks,
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:02:49 pm by Idlewild »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: Ban request: 451_CATS
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »
After the round is over, there really isn't much anyone can do.

The TK rules are meant to prevent the tides from switching mid battle simply because someone was being a moron.

After the round is over, we can speak to him to discourage similar behavior, but sadly, there isn't much beyond that. You could ask him to stop doing that to you, but honestly, it's not a ban/kick worthy offense simply because it does not affect the flow of the round at that point.

If I see any behavior like that, the offender will - of course - receive a warning.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »
After the round is over, there really isn't much anyone can do.

The TK rules are meant to prevent the tides from switching mid battle simply because someone was being a moron.

After the round is over, we can speak to him to discourage similar behavior, but sadly, there isn't much beyond that. You could ask him to stop doing that to you, but honestly, it's not a ban/kick worthy offense simply because it does not affect the flow of the round at that point.

If I see any behavior like that, the offender will - of course - receive a warning.

nowhere in the written rules does it say it is EVER ok to tk.  a TK is a TK is a TK.  Every single one should carry the same punishment.  People HAVE been banned for after round TK's, so you are wrong.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:10 pm »
So after the last enemy dies its FFA deathmatch? gotcha.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:11:38 am »
After round TKS are not enforced in the TK rules, however if someone is harassing someone constantly by doing so, then that is against the rules.

451, please avoid targeting this person with after the round TKs.

If it continues to occur please ask the person to stop, if they do not post it and it will be treated as an intentional TK.