• Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: AC III
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »
They'll probably hit Napoleonic war, then WW1, then 2. They need to stretch this out as long as possible  :P

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 09:03:23 pm »
True.

Assassins Creed 12 -  Iraqi Freedom

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:14 pm »
Assassins Creed - traitor Edition
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 12:12:28 am »
unlike everyone else; I think the setting fucking sucks. partly because I would rather the series went back in time not forwards, "modern life is rubbish". also probably because i'm british and more sensitive to the american/french bias/slant.
heres a little interesting website
http://www.redcoat.me.uk/battles.htm

I notice more germans were killed than british and that patriots mostly killed civilians, making them more like terrorists than I'm sure most americans would like to swallow. I admit I know little about the war really its not part of our education, but I have read stuff about the bias. the ac3 trailer reminds me of mel gibson's the patriot which was a load of bullshit and bias, depicting british as some sort of force of pure evil commiting chocolate chip cookie like atrocities. even though both sides were doing bad things, this was 200 years ago, there were no "good guys" in that time period or the war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_(2000_film)#Historical_authenticity

but meh the story was never a strength in any ac game, infact its completely retarded psuedo-science anyway so why not add some psuedo-history.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 09:35:28 am »
unlike everyone else; I think the setting fucking sucks. partly because I would rather the series went back in time not forwards, "modern life is rubbish". also probably because i'm british and more sensitive to the american/french bias/slant.
heres a little interesting website
http://www.redcoat.me.uk/battles.htm

I notice more germans were killed than british and that patriots mostly killed civilians, making them more like terrorists than I'm sure most americans would like to swallow. I admit I know little about the war really its not part of our education, but I have read stuff about the bias. the ac3 trailer reminds me of mel gibson's the patriot which was a load of bullshit and bias, depicting british as some sort of force of pure evil commiting chocolate chip cookie like atrocities. even though both sides were doing bad things, this was 200 years ago, there were no "good guys" in that time period or the war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_(2000_film)#Historical_authenticity

but meh the story was never a strength in any ac game, infact its completely retarded psuedo-science anyway so why not add some psuedo-history.

i hate teh setting becuase of anti british bias even though i am an uneducated idiot limey  who admits to knowing absolutely nothing about the setting or era, i'm just a bigot against americans

all of the native cultures that the british empire exploited and raped deserved it because they simply didn't have british manners

cool opinion bro
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:38:09 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:52 am »
True! Looks like I hit a nerve tho

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »
"What does “rebel” mean, anyway? I’ve noticed that in English press it’s a bad word. Here it’s different, because we were the rebels in 1775 and proud of it. But see, people who know the American revolution think that the Brit policy against the Yankees, where (give or take a Banastre Tarlteton or two), the redcoats tried to avoid killing civvies, was normal Imperial policy.

Bullshit. The reason the Brits let us go, didn’t try scorched-earth on us, was that we WERE Brits, as far as they could tell: white protestant English-speaking humans. If you weren’t all of the above, you weren’t human. The only other war where English troops had the same restraint was–take a guess. Right: the English Civil War. In England, they fought clean. But when Cromwell marched up to subdue the Scots, who were Protestant (good) but non-English (bad), a lot of POWs never made it back to the holding pens, and a lot of crofts were torched, and a lot of girls were raped. When he moved from Scotland to Ireland, where the filthy locals were filthy Papist as well as non-English, well, you don’t want to know what happened there."