Author Topic: Falling from da freaking walls: damage & penalty  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Falling from da freaking walls: damage & penalty
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:20:02 pm »
I am one of the idiots that keep falling from walls/stairs/ladders, whatever is above ground level... ;-)

During combat, or just because I don't mind my step.

That I am hurt by that or even die when I walk off a high wall, - is ok.

That (esp. at low levels) a jump from a small hut kills me, is not.

In addition, the penalty for "alleged suicide by falling" is one killpoint, same as for a TK - bit hefty, me thinks.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
Re: Falling from da freaking walls: damage & penalty
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:51:32 am »
Yeh I hate it that you lose a Kill because you get negative points and people think you are a TKer. Its also fucking annoying when some twat TKs you by Ladderpulting you and you suicide and lose a Kill and up 1 death and the TKer has nothing
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:37:22 pm »
Increased falling damage is there to prevent defenders in sieges jumping down from walls to attack ladders and such, this is mostly for strategus, though.
I, personally, seem to fall from walls waaaaaaay more often since the damage got increased, just moving near the edge in a fight invariably results in me just sliding over it >_<

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »
Yeah, I get this alot PTX, if I fight on something relatively narrow and high there's a nearly 100% chance that I will inevitably slide off the damn thing as if it was ice.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 03:06:42 pm »
In addition, the penalty for "alleged suicide by falling" is one killpoint, same as for a TK - bit hefty, me thinks.
Yes, they should remove the 1-killpoint-penalty for "alleged suicide by falling". Damage is okay, but often you just get jostled by a teammate, not even on purpose, if theres much traffic on the walls.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »
I think weight should affect the damage you take by falling. Falling with a big ass armor should hurt a lot more than falling with very light armor. I only say this because im a ninja and I want to surprise people by jumping down behind them, but still its realistic.

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 03:53:56 pm »
Loz approves, me and narrow bridges don't go along very well. If I don't fall at least once off of a bridge or something you bet someone hacked my account and it's not the real Loz!

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »
Increased falling damage is there to prevent defenders in sieges jumping down from walls to attack ladders and such, this is mostly for strategus, though.

Makes sense. Yet:

- the heroes who jump off the walls to do great deads in front of the castle or in the spawn area of the attackers (yes, I dislike it, esp. when its on my team and we loose the flag because those jokers are outside or dead...) are usually high level and/or experienced players. So they still jump.

- I was not talking about the walls only - that it kills me when I slip and do a 7 meter drop in medium armor: obvious. No problem. But jumping down 2 meters from a roof should not take half or all of my life, esp. when I am a nimble 16yo peasant in cloth... ;-)

BTW there seem to be quite a few of us. Maybe we should start the clan of The Falling ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 04:56:50 pm »
It annoys me where youve been playing abttle for a while and you go to siege and as your waiting for spawn you hold 'w' and then you fall off the edge of the wall killing yourself or major damage and then you get killed easily.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »
It annoys me where youve been playing abttle for a while and you go to siege and as your waiting for spawn you hold 'w' and then you fall off the edge of the wall killing yourself or major damage and then you get killed easily.

...not to mention several siege maps that have stupid spawnpoints "off the wall", where you do not even have to press any button at all and end up with 2 or 3 healthpoints outside the castle on the ground... lol

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 05:15:18 pm »
Can't deny that this bugs me as well.  Fall off a castle wall and go splat ...fine.  Fall 8ft of a house roof and go splat?????  Also, I have fallen of battlements and died, yet have fallen off near the top whilst on a ladder and haven't.  the height difference was marginal.  Go figure.  :?

One thing that does make me pmsl is when someone brings there horse to a siege and everyone is like wtf? Were in a castle dude.  Then he uses his horse to go flying off the wall into the enemy far below.  Horse goes splat but he doesn't.    :mrgreen:

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 06:06:39 pm »
I think weight should affect the damage you take by falling. Falling with a big ass armor should hurt a lot more than falling with very light armor. I only say this because im a ninja and I want to surprise people by jumping down behind them, but still its realistic.

i like this

i would also like athletics to decrease falling dmg

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »
i like this

i would also like athletics to decrease falling dmg
+1
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »
- I was not talking about the walls only - that it kills me when I slip and do a 7 meter drop in medium armor: obvious. No problem. But jumping down 2 meters from a roof should not take half or all of my life, esp. when I am a nimble 16yo peasant in cloth... ;-)

BTW there seem to be quite a few of us. Maybe we should start the clan of The Falling ;-)

Yeah, the problem is that falling damage kicks in too early. No problem to dying to an accidental 6m fall (even if that makes about half of my deaths) but not being able to jump down from a 3m roof intentionally... You can trick jump from the walls in some spots, though.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 09:20:55 pm »
On some maps you can drop 20 feet down and land on some ledge and receive no damage at all.
In 1 siegemap, you can jump down to the gatecontrols in the gatehouse. If you do it in such a way that you land on the gatecontrols, you receive no damage. If you hit the floor, you're dead most of the time.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)