Author Topic: Contributing to the team  (Read 2215 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Contributing to the team
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 12:57:54 am »
+1
If the team follows 2 or more different plans, it's bound to fail. Sometimes it gets lucky but usually, it's a fail.

Basically it's better to follow the blob usually, and be around to help team mates out before they all die off and its 20 enemy vs your 5/10.

Sometimes you might win but with the numbers against you, it's usually gonna be a lose.

Even if an entire team sticks to a plan it's not guaranteed.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 02:03:47 am »
+1
Nobody is saying you have to directly support the Zerg element in every move they make. However, when all noobie and other trolls are doing is camping bushes naked until theyre the last person alive round after round I would consider that excessive trolling, delaying,  valour farming and just straight douche-baggery.

Cases closed, play the game trolls, obey simple rules that the servers have or get the fuck out please. K thanks!

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 02:17:27 am »
This is in reply to recommended action by DarKKarma - Not sure if it's in the right place or not.  Please move to corresponding thread if needed

There has been a big debate on the North American Server about what is contributing to your team and what is not.

A few examples:
-Defending a ruin while your team runs into an open field and dies to their archers... who is in the wrong?
-Letting your team know that you are building a siege tower and they still run into battle and die then complain about you delaying/valor farming?
Charging into battle without any thoughts going behind it and dying right away? (Not considered leeching if you "try" - Very smart to do if you like leeching but doing it legally)

The common sense clause comes into play in a lot of these situations; however there is always grey areas and this is often used as a fallback for admins.    I believe the rules need to be updated per incident, to have a clear cut way of ruling and avoid any dispute of said ruling (much like any legal system).
This should the common sense approach to future rulings, and it would get rid of any trivial decisions.

I am just bored with the system as it currently is where there's a multiplier and depending how long the rounds last.
The old xp system would allow for the teams to cooperate and it might've seemed like a giant moshpit where people would fight the other team but there was actual teamwork involved. I miss the shield wall formations, the siege shields defending key positions with melee defending the archers, the cavalry formations where they would flank right and right as the melee started, wreck havoc upon the enemy team.
Everyone needed to stay together in order to maximize the xp and win the round.
most important rule-use your head