Author Topic: Julian Assange to host talk show on RT  (Read 923 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Julian Assange to host talk show on RT
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:14:17 am »
+1
The major international news network 'RT' is drawing up serious political, and perhaps philosophical, lines in response to the big US networks by giving the World's probably greatest freedom fighter (certainly greatest journalist) his own interview show on the channel.

Julian Assange to launch show on RT this March (RT America)

Assange TV on RT: Exclusive interview show coming soon (RT)

If wars can be started by lies, peace can be started by truth
-Julian Assange
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:46:42 am by Angantyr »

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
Re: Julian Assange to host talk show on RT
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:28:13 am »
But he sure wont nerf archery...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:02:16 am »
+1
Ahahaha this fucking guy, I swear.
Don't.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:12 am »
+1
Not to nit pick, but "greatest journalist"?  :lol:
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:24 am »
What, that's your main point of contention? Not "the world's [probably] greatest freedom fighter"? I mean, come ON! :lol:
Don't.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:59 am »
+1
Where else than RT, excellent news organization, to be so unbiased towards both Western and Eastern politics, quite an accomplishment unmatched by almost all other so called "media outlets".
Russian journalists are murdered every year though, a lot, we of course just doesn't hear about that like all the other actual important stuff.

No doubt about Assange being the #1 Freedom Fighter in the World, a real modern hero who will go down in history as such, and he's without a doubt one of the greatest journalists of all time, someone who truly honor the profession.

If you want to see what really is happening and we're not talking about some pretty reporter standing in a hotel room in front of a green screen, no, actual images from what happened and journalists talking to actual people, go watch RT every day, incorporate it into daily your news cycle. The Internet/Alternative Media is the only way today to get the real truth in today's world.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:03 pm »
Where else than RT, excellent news organization, to be so unbiased towards both Western and Eastern politics, quite an accomplishment unmatched by almost all other so called "media outlets".
Russian journalists are murdered every year though, a lot, we of course just doesn't hear about that like all the other actual important stuff.

No doubt about Assange being the #1 Freedom Fighter in the World, a real modern hero who will go down in history as such, and he's without a doubt one of the greatest journalists of all time, someone who truly honor the profession.

If you want to see what really is happening and we're not talking about some pretty reporter standing in a hotel room in front of a green screen, no, actual images from what happened and journalists talking to actual people, go watch RT every day, incorporate it into daily your news cycle. The Internet/Alternative Media is the only way today to get the real truth in today's world.

You can hardly know wether it is the truth or not, just like with more mainstream media. There's no reason to believe alternative information more than others, but there's no reason not to listen to them either. A quantity and diversity check is better than any individual source.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 03:37:07 pm »
Darkkarma, Okin (actually gave you a minus unintentionally, honestly, can't remove it again :P), meaning no offense whatsoever, but from your comments I can only guess you are not too well-informed on the subject. Are you aware how Wikileaks have revolutionized the way the World get its news? Never in the history of man have we had a direct source to for example government classified documents or internal documents from other power elites - often sensitive (ie. hurting a lot of people, animals or plants, and hurtful for the ones in power who try to suppress it) data that for the populations in democratic societies is essential for the democratic system to work.

All journalists, even most of his adversaries, admit this, and there is no controversy is saying that he is the greatest journalist of our time; it's not even my own claim (but the claim of several of the usually sober and respected news organizations that have worked with Wikileaks throughout the years) - though I fully endorse it. The whole concept of truly objective journalism which any true journalist wants to do is bringing the source material itself, unedited, exactly what Wikileaks have done with the help of brave whistleblowers from regimes and corporations globally. People like Bradley Manning who is currently held without trial and tortured on a US brig for speaking out against deliberate killing of civilians by the US Army, and the routinely coverup afterwards.

To make this change possible, to fight against government and corporate tyranny through peaceful means and against the propaganda with an information war is for me the obvious 'good fight' and a fight for freedom of thought and expression anywhere. No one has done so much in this regard as Julian Assange, thus I dub him the greatest freedom fighter of our age and stand by it.

But sure, Kafein, no source is infallible, though some are definitely more trustworthy than others, especially in the absence of a compromising motive. Until this date there's been no reason not to believe these sources and wherever possible the information has been confirmed. edit: sorry, thought you were talking about Wikileaks not RT, but in that regard Cooties echoes my arguments.

@Count_Curtis, please elaborate? Is this some jape at my comments in the 'archery..' thread? If so, please take a close look what I've written again and you'll find that I'm not on any serious campaign for an archery nerf; I say that I think the current damage values is a 'tad too much' for high-level archers and otherwise only objected to the claims that archery couldn't deal proper damage and that I think it is a bad mechanic that most archers in cRPG need to run away all the time (this as I see it is not only boring for inf but for the archers themselves). I can fully live with what it is now, I have played Native for several years so cRPG archery is a bliss to me in comparison. But please give me an answer, pr pm if you prefer.

You too Tears who have given his post a +1, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Also about Assange, I'm very interested in any arguments you might have when you're so eager to spam +1.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:53:35 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »
+1
You can hardly know wether it is the truth or not, just like with more mainstream media. There's no reason to believe alternative information more than others, but there's no reason not to listen to them either. A quantity and diversity check is better than any individual source.

Hardly know whether it is the truth or not? On the contrary. If you watch MSM, watch AM, and read AM online, then go check for personally uploaded videos from the actual incident/event/etc on for example youtube, you will see a clear picture of HOW news are presented to us in general, what news aren't touched by MSM at all, which are edited to be a certain way.

Obviously (for everyone I would imagine) one would need to be informed from all "sides of the table" not just one, solely looking for media that confirms ones own beliefs is never the right way.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 03:32:35 am »
Greenpeace, which may seem a completely harmless organisation, has very likely being funded and "trained" (for occupying effectively and manipulate the media) by the KGB decades ago, in an attempt to destabilise western countries.

What I'm trying to say is that there are very evident goals and organisations to back these that could justify a manipulation of RT or wikileaks or whatever "trustworthy" information source. There always are compromising motives. Just like there are goals a government may acheive by manipulating it's own media.

Even when you show unedited material, you still manipulate the information by choosing what is shown and what isn't.

You are saying that people listen to what they want to hear, so don't fall into the same trap.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 03:57:38 pm »
No source of information is totally trustworthy, except the one that gains absolutely no advantage in lying.

Which is pretty much none.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 05:28:39 pm »
No source of information is totally trustworthy, except the one that gains absolutely no advantage in lying.

Which is pretty much none.

I can't summarize it better :)