Author Topic: Bastard Sword  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Bastard Sword
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:38 am »
Probably. Of course a penalty should exist (although the reasons why they existed are not so simplistic), to prevent them from being "the" weapon, but I see no problem if it had, say, 88-90 speed in 1h mode and the damage of a normal high-cutting onehander (eg. 32c or something) with a inferior stab. So they would still be a "hybrid's choice", but not something a dedicated 1h would choose.

88-90 is about what they're at now, ish.  The slowest 1her currently is 94 which would be a fine place to leave the bastard weapons.  It's a pretty significant drop from 98 2her speed which is more like 103 1her speed equivalent.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 02:17:47 am »
88-90 is about what they're at now, ish.

You sure? A 30% penalty would leave them somewhere at the 70 speed rating mark... and they feel like they're around there when I handle one. 15% would leave it at 84-ish. So it'd still be a boost.

Edit: It's probably 15% to damage and speed as it is, after playing with it for a bit on duel. So that'd put it at 83 speed rating and 30.6 cut. Which is a bit slow with my 21/15 1h/polearm build with 124 1h wpf... but could be used. 88 speed rating and 32 cut in 1h mode would however make it a reasonable weapon, and if they did it that way rather then just the penalty like now, the heirloom bonuses with it used in 1h mode wouldn't be wasted so much.

However, I'm not sure if it can have two alternate modes, it already has one (which is not very impressive, halfswording with it is slower then using it as a twohander, and I have 96 polearm wpf and 1 2h wpf, and weaker. If anything it seems stronger when used as a onehander then when halfsworded, no overhead, the swings are so weak and it's so damn slow to boot.

If I didn't have a masterwork SCS already I'd be tempted to heirloom it and make a hybrid geared for the longsword, but heirlooming yet another weapon... blah.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:06:53 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 02:27:41 am »
You sure? A 30% penalty would leave them somewhere at the 70 speed rating mark... and they feel like they're around there when I handle one.

WaltF4 did the math, so I might be misquoting.  It might be that the katana acts around 88 ish and the other ones are slower.  I'll go look for the thread.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 03:07:08 am »
See above for massive ninja edits
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".