Author Topic: Need Help for build  (Read 1130 times)

Offline GanForr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DenBitre
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_JeorHungryElk; Belfagor; WilliamBlackHawk
Need Help for build
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:09:51 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new in this game, and i'm going to create a new charatcher. I want to be good in1h(but no shield) because i will use a bow or a crossbow, and be a kind of hibrid between melee and range. Is this possible without too much penalties? (I don't won't to be killed with only a hit by 2h or polearms guys, or to be useless with both my waepons).
So:
-what do you consieder the best build for one who will use range and 1h waepons?
-do you suggest me to be more speed or it's useless?
-crossbow or bow? I suppose that the former is better for a build that do much damage, and the later for one that is fast, right?
-What melee weapon do you suggest me?
-And about the range one?

Thanks very much for every kind of help and sorry for the (veryveryvery) bad english!
I love pewpew.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Need Help for build
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:15:42 am »
Hi guys, I'm new in this game, and i'm going to create a new charatcher. I want to be good in1h(but no shield) because i will use a bow or a crossbow, and be a kind of hibrid between melee and range. Is this possible without too much penalties? (I don't won't to be killed with only a hit by 2h or polearms guys, or to be useless with both my waepons).
So:
-what do you consieder the best build for one who will use range and 1h waepons?
-crossbow or bow? I suppose that the former is better for a build that do much damage, and the later for one that is fast, right?

Thanks very much for every kind of help and sorry for the (veryveryvery) bad english!

Well, I use this 1h/bowman hybrid currently and can use it with medium armour. The penalties are pretty light. Ofc, it could also be used with light armour too.
(click to show/hide)

About wpf. Despite what you may believe (and many people think), wpf isn't that important for melee. A 1h is useble at 50 wpf and fully useable at 100. Two hands are pretty much the same, but can be improved even more by going 160+ wpf (that would take away any other wpf, though). Only poles really need wpf, but are also fully useable when you get 110 wpf. With ranged, you want as much as possible. Most archers/xbows take NO melee wpf just to maximize their ranged wpf. Then they usually go whining about not being able to fight in melee, like it's our fault. Kinda silly.

If you want to have a better melee over ranged, I suggest you take a xbow. For mainly ranged, but some melee take a bow (or go my build which is also good in melee. Kinda difficult, though, so doubt it would work very well for new guys :/ I really don't know actually. Might be it fits you perfectly...)
Crossbows don't take any skillpoints (archery needs Power Draw) so you can get more out of your skillpoints as an xbower.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline GanForr

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:51:05 am »
Well, I use this 1h/bowman hybrid currently and can use it with medium armour. The penalties are pretty light. Ofc, it could also be used with light armour too.
(click to show/hide)

About wpf. Despite what you may believe (and many people think), wpf isn't that important for melee. A 1h is useble at 50 wpf and fully useable at 100. Two hands are pretty much the same, but can be improved even more by going 160+ wpf (that would take away any other wpf, though). Only poles really need wpf, but are also fully useable when you get 110 wpf. With ranged, you want as much as possible. Most archers/xbows take NO melee wpf just to maximize their ranged wpf. Then they usually go whining about not being able to fight in melee, like it's our fault. Kinda silly.

If you want to have a better melee over ranged, I suggest you take a xbow. For mainly ranged, but some melee take a bow (or go my build which is also good in melee. Kinda difficult, though, so doubt it would work very well for new guys :/ I really don't know actually. Might be it fits you perfectly...)
Crossbows don't take any skillpoints (archery needs Power Draw) so you can get more out of your skillpoints as an xbower.

Many thanks, I'll use your advice. Last question: how much weight do you suggest me?
I love pewpew.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:20:39 pm »
Many thanks, I'll use your advice. Last question: how much weight do you suggest me?
That actually is a big question. But to simplify it. MAX armour for a ranged char, would be not over 15 total weight, no matter what it is. That's the UPPER limit, I'd say. The most efficient might be a bit beneath it (I'm at about 12), but that can also vary with personal preference. Try it out, see what you like. Get some really light stuff (less than 8), get some light medium (12) and get some middle/heavy medium (15-18 just for the lulz) and try them out.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline GanForr

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »
That actually is a big question. But to simplify it. MAX armour for a ranged char, would be not over 15 total weight, no matter what it is. That's the UPPER limit, I'd say. The most efficient might be a bit beneath it (I'm at about 12), but that can also vary with personal preference. Try it out, see what you like. Get some really light stuff (less than 8), get some light medium (12) and get some middle/heavy medium (15-18 just for the lulz) and try them out.

Again many thanks, i'm gonna try them all! Bye :D
I love pewpew.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:17:02 pm »

Here is some input in case you want to use crossbow:

- 15/24 ( best imo ) or 18/21
(click to show/hide)

- As much athletics as possible! Thats the key to low armor / low damage weapon use.

- Arbalest

- A long 1h, the best you can buy. I have used Nordic War Sword - with 5 PS it can kill a black armor user in 7-8 hits :) 2-3 hits will kill a lightly armored enemy. ( upkeep is very high for arbalest+steel bolts, you need to keep your total gear cost under 30k to sustain it without any worries )

In theory, a weapon with piercing damage is better ( Military Pick ), but its just too short :( In a 1 vs 1 duel, and thats how it will be most of the times when you are using a crossbow, a short weapon will get you killed. Personally, i hate weapons that don't have stab/thrust, so that might be my prejudice... Anyway, try a longer 1h sword, and if does too little damage - change to piercing weapon.

- Try an arbalest for a good ranged/melee balance. 1h+Bow is very tricky... There is may be a handfull of players who can use it efficiently.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 06:36:42 pm »
Strength: 15
Agility: 21
Hit points: 56
Skills to attributes: 2
Ironflesh: 3
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 7
Athletics: 7
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 87
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 150
Throwing: 1

arbalest\steel bolts\Round Steel Buckler\fast onehander

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:44:26 pm »
arbalest\steel bolts\Round Steel Buckler\fast onehander

:shock: Is buckler 0 slots, or are you using a 0 slot 1h?..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 06:47:07 pm »
Round buckler is 0 slot. Steel buckler is 1 slot. Strange enough.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:19:09 pm »