Poll

Events in cRPG ?

Yes, they could be fun and worth organizing
No, its as dead as it gets anyways

Author Topic: Events in cRPG  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Events in cRPG
« on: December 31, 2012, 10:51:38 am »
+5
So....the mod pretty much has none events left. No Fallen Tourneys, no big 90vs90 battles, no Jousting Tourneys, nothing. By the amount of people playing it there SHOULD be SOMETHING at least.

There are many problems why a proper tourney with some rules & restrictions can't be organized anymore so I was thinking maybe going in the opposite direction: they say cRPG is all about the freedom of choice so.......why not organizing some clan tourney with no class/gear restrictions ? An event that would be all about participating and enjoying it rather then having to win at all cost ? Something in the line of 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8 in that small arena map, teams based on clans ofc but since a few clans got tons of people in 'em we could allow lets say Byzantium 1 and Byzantium 2 team or something like that so all who want to participate could get the chance. If someone wants to field a team full of cav why not letting them ? 1 Pike and they'll suffer, if someone wants to field all ranged why not ? Their problem, if they think they can enjoy it - let them. The only "rule" would be the number of participants and them being those who signed ofc, in order to avoid player A playing instead of signed player B and stuff like that. These are just general thoughts, I'll make a poll to see if people believe something like this could be done and if it could be fun. Also: this is just general blabbing about it, naturally everyone needs to wait for the D-Day (January 6th) in order to see what will happen first. Any constructive comment is welcome.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Events in cRPG
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:11:05 am »
Problem is no one can be arsed to run events. We can + as much as we want, but people still won't bother.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:16:20 am »
How the hell do you expect to get a multi clan event when everyone has joined mercs,byzantium,deserters??

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 11:18:28 am »
How the hell do you expect to get a multi clan event when everyone has joined mercs,byzantium,deserters??

Should be even easier that way. Less trouble with organizing 4 big clans + the rest then 20 small, semi-active clans + tons of randomers.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 11:19:31 am »
what a nice company in this thread so far, could not resist to hop in

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 11:21:09 am »
Would be good, but I doubt anyone will bother, as always.

It always starts as "lets do...", and end as "who will do it...?". Have seen it so much times.

In my university group, we were to make a new years party (only our group), and we have a friend who might take some chicks with him, that easily spread legs etc., but of course, it ended before it even started.

The only thing that life thought me is that, if you want something, you must do it yourself.

If we want events, we have to make them. Write all the ideas, rules, then just send it to someone from the cRPG staff, and wait.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:24:31 am by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 11:25:49 am »
Actually Pancake (since you mentioned it): Mercs & Deserters seem to be filling each others assholes with buttplugs quite proficiently, add Byzantium on their side and get DRZ + Greys on the opposite side as the main forces, fill the rosters with smaller clans + randomers and you've got yourself an event, all you need to do is say how many people can take part in it, based on server and stuff. Imagine it as the main Strat battle, like the final big battle from a movie where the good guys face the bad guys (altho its impossible to say who's who in cRPG, everyone is the bad son of a bitch around here). Why the hell not ?

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 01:29:00 pm »
+1
Something in the line of 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8 in that small arena map, teams based on clans ofc but since a few clans got tons of people in 'em we could allow lets say Byzantium 1 and Byzantium 2 team or something like that so all who want to participate could get the chance.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/tuetens-tournament!/
agree...

so gnjus/boss start to take care for it...you dont need a poll > you just need the idea and some time to invest into it ;)

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 01:53:47 pm »
To give events an impulse a good start would be giving events their actual own board, instead of being an obscure subsection of General Discussion that no one ever reads. Or by putting some links to certain events on the cRPG character page or something.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/tuetens-tournament!/
agree...
This event is as open as it can be, all you need is 6 players, everything else does not even matter. Yet there are only 3 teams signed up. Tell yo friends and make teams and this could be pretty good.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »
+1
add Byzantium on their side

No thank you
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 02:40:54 pm »
No thank you

Despite the fact that cRPG is a huge vanity fair I still think that new/native-my old friends should keep their filthy mouth shut and get back to their beloved native or whatever, instead of speaking in the name of their cRPG clan.  :twisted:

Teutens 6 vs 6 has way too many class/gear restrictions, thats why there's no applicants. People want to play their own class, how do you expect anyone to sign up if "best mates" play pretty much the same classes ? You can even see it on battle server, Rantrex & his clone both 2 handers, those silly Russians as well (Autobus, Stig, etc)......what i was saying is: if they wanna make a team of 5x 2handed kuyak heroes just let em be....if they think they can win or have fun then there's nothing wrong with it......just ignore their whine after they get owned by 5x dedicated archer team......  :wink:
Its about freedom of choice & participating, not winning at all cost (this does not apply for members of Grey Order who will naturally show up to win & win only. Probably Mercs as well).

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 02:58:11 pm »
Despite the fact that cRPG is a huge vanity fair I still think that new/native-my old friends should keep their filthy mouth shut and get back to their beloved native or whatever, instead of speaking in the name of their cRPG clan.  :twisted:

Implying I'm new to cRPG.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 03:14:59 pm »
+1
Implying I'm new to cRPG.

Regardless of that, this is a valid point
instead of speaking in the name of their cRPG clan.  :twisted:

Byzantium loves everyone. Hugs and kisses to you all.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 03:17:33 pm »
+1
last proper tournament i can remember was shogunate tournament and im not sure that ever finished :D

Strat kinda kills off tournaments as some leaders only care for strat and its harder to organise.

The old duel tournament used to be fun as people would turn up to watch. large scale clan tournaments are unlikely to happen with the current state of clan activity
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »
To give events an impulse a good start would be giving events their actual own board, instead of being an obscure subsection of General Discussion that no one ever reads. Or by putting some links to certain events on the cRPG character page or something.

signed

Teutens 6 vs 6 has way too many class/gear restrictions, thats why there's no applicants. People want to play their own class, how do you expect anyone to sign up if "best mates" play pretty much the same classes ? You can even see it on battle server, Rantrex & his clone both 2 handers, those silly Russians as well (Autobus, Stig, etc)......what i was saying is: if they wanna make a team of 5x 2handed kuyak heroes just let em be....if they think they can win or have fun then there's nothing wrong with it......just ignore their whine after they get owned by 5x dedicated archer team......  :wink:
Its about freedom of choice & participating, not winning at all cost (this does not apply for members of Grey Order who will naturally show up to win & win only. Probably Mercs as well).

you are right in some points > but i got told from a lot of guys that they never or not that often check the "event" section > and the idea behind "tuetens-tournament" was exactly to get a 6vs6 by having 6 different(!) classes and as less restrictions as possible ;)

and gnjus i allrdy have some other ideas for events in my head and one is near to yours...anyway after "tuetens-tournament" happened i will announce "tuetens-tournament-II" > its all prepared :*

so there is a small part of the community who take care for it > but as teeth said > it need to get more renown! ;)

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches